5/15 -5/17 -- Hocking Hills, SR 555, SE Ohio, etc -- Camping

Casper

Are you going on the Hocking Hills/SR555/Camping trip??  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going on the Hocking Hills/SR555/Camping trip??

anybody know where and what time is the meeting saturday.i see so many people ask but no answer.where is the wall mart at canal winchester
33 going towards Lancaster & get off at Gender Road. Can't miss the super wally world on the left.

Sounds like a good spot to meet up.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was posted on one of the other forums:

Here's the route in case anyone missed it before- http://www.mapquest.com/mq/2-Qj6PUc65C_W8V4WA5Vvt

There is a Walmart near the intersection of where we are starting the ride, I thought that would make a easy place to find and a big enough parking lot to meet- 12910 State Route 664 S Logan OH 43138

I figured a starting time of about 11:00AM

We are planning on staying in Logan Sat night, there are three Hotels in the area of the Millstone restaurant 12970 Grey St.

Shawnee Inn has good reviews and it's $69 for a King or two twin beds. There is also a Holiday Inn and an Inn Towner Motel.

At this time we are planning on going to the Millstone Sat. evening after the ride- http://www.millstonebbq.com/ It's only a quarter of a mile from the Shawnee Inn so we could crawl back if we had to.

And from the KOA to the restaurant is exactly the same:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=29150+Pattor+Rd+Logan,+OH+to+12790+Grey+St+Logan,+OH&sll=39.504335,-82.46505&sspn=0.109271,0.187969&ie=UTF8&ll=39.504835,-82.467499&spn=0.10927,0.187969&z=13

I'll probably go up to the restaurant to eat and hang out, then go back to the campground to drink and make smores. Mmmmmm.... Smores......

Anybody taking a chase vehicle, and wanna haul my camping gear? If not I'll just meet up and ride.

I will not be able to come down and stay but may meet up during the days. Our dog sitter is out of town, But I will offer to take camping gear (or whatever BEER) down for anyone on Friday. PM me and we can set up a meeting place this week that way come Friday/Saturday you can just load up yourself and be good to go.

Then I will come pick up everything Sunday morning and we can get together Sunday night or next week to get your stuff back to you.

Ok anyone coming from North Of columbus? I am leaving Akron Friday around 1-2pm, google gives me just short of 4 hours on the freeway and nearly 5 back roads. I will probably do a mix of the 2. We have a group of 3 bikes so far leaving here. Will meet up with anyone along the way!

PM's still gayly making me wait 720 minutes, so heres the lowdown - they are hitting me up for 10 bucks per adult, and 7 dollars per bed for linens - anyways, we can sort it out when we get there. Let me know if thats cool for sure and I will consider it done.

Ill be trailering down from cbus if anyone needs me to take gear, beer, food etc down for them i can.. send me a pm. also i would like to follow another car down if anyone else is driving from cbus???

So anyone need me to haul shit down or what? I'm leaving friday after work about 6PM.. ill aloso have a 8 person tent with room for well, 7 more.. so anyone on a bike not able to take a tent etc is more than welcome... let me know asap