5/15 -5/17 -- Hocking Hills, SR 555, SE Ohio, etc -- Camping

Casper

Are you going on the Hocking Hills/SR555/Camping trip??  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going on the Hocking Hills/SR555/Camping trip??

We'll be meeting up Friday night and camping, riding all day Saturday, camping Saturday night, riding Sunday and parting ways. We're staying at the KOA in Logan. Make your own reservations and all that jazz. Most are going down Friday night to camp (remember, camping w/o alcohol is just sleeping outside). I'll be down there most likely Friday night.

There will be people from Kentucky, Michigan, West Virginia and Pennsylvania going with us. Promises to be a good time.

If you can't (or just don't want to) make it Friday night, you can meet up with us at the campground Saturday morning. I will have a sign in at the campground. Everyone will be required to write down their name, license plate, phone number, and emergency contact info. This way if someone wrecks, we can tell the EMT who you are and who to contact. This comes from the last Hocking Hills ride with the guy on the green Ninja. None of us knew who the hell he was let alone who to contact.

The only thing I ask is everyone wears their gear, and everyone respects everyone else. Don't ride above your head. 555 is a dangerous road, and Hocking Hills is no joke. Always err on the side of caution. This isn't a dick measuring contest, so please just be careful.

I will be handing out maps of the suggested route with places to meet up. Again, the route is just suggested. You can ride where ever you feel like. If you're not comfortable with 555, cool. Just meet up at the next stop. I do encourage at least two riders per group incase something happens.

Lastly, if you're going or might be, say so in the poll. That way we have a head count and a list.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most are going down Friday night to camp (remember, camping w/o alcohol is just sleeping outside).

+1 :drink::cheers:

Yeah, besides, if your tent mate wakes up with a sore asshole, you need a good excuse!!

Gotta bring liquor... can't carry enough beer on bike AND girlfriend... Actually, can't carry enough without her either, damn lush.

Anyone know if the reservations for tent are FCFS/go where you want? Or is it assigned to a certain spot. I was looking at their site and it shows a couple different options.

I'm not sure how their site assignment works.

I was looking at the KOA site for available sites and was playing with prices,

if anyone is looking to save a few bucks looks like you can group up to 6 people to 1 site and it cuts the price down quite a bit...

also has anyone gotten a cabin and need 2 more people?? I may be looking to do that depending on what the guys from my area decide to do..

here is another available discount!!!

Armed Forces Weekend

For all those who protect and serve (military, police and fire) a 25% discount on a two night stay. Please have a current ID to show at registration. Limit one site per ID

Valid Dates: 5/14/2009 to 5/17/2009

Edited by cavscout73

i dont know if anyone knows this/stated this already or not, but there is a big poker run going on down there that weekend. ill be heading down with a few people to partake in the poker run, so ill probably run into you guys down there.