WTB: SV650 2008 Gray

DollFace

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ thanks. The guy with the 2008 in Toleda wrote me back. Said he has one person that is supposed to get back with him by Friday. Said he will call me if they don't call by Friday. He also said he would take $5K for it, which is great!! So, do you prefer the naked bike over the S version? I really need to get on both. Hopefully someone brings one on Saturday.

I prefer the naked. I rarely make any long rides on the freeway so the larger fairing is useless where and how I ride. I don't like the more forward seating of the S with the clip ons. I would rather sit up straighter than lean forward on my wrists. Sure you will get used to it but not for me. Lastly I don't like the crotch rocket look, stigma that goes along with it (whether anyone wants to admit it or not). I have always wanted a Monster 750 but decided the extra cost for the Ducati name and repair costs doubled if not tripled over the SV was just not rational. I don't have money to burn. Someday when I have the cash to burn and just have to have a Ducati I will get one. But it will be naked!! When I do get a faired bike it is going to be a sport touring bike (ST1300, Concours 14...) for the extra fairings when I do do long ride and travel the country. But it's going to be a while, 5-10 years. When my kids are grown and headed off to college and are out of the house.

No offense to anyone! This is just my personal opinion and don't want to argue quality of bike or any such thing. It's a waste of time! I like what I like, you like what you like. Just ride your bike and do as you please! I will do the same:guitar:

And if I can I will never sell my SV it is just way to fun of a bike and have made itself a place in my heart. My wife might have it for her bike down the road if she wants but she will get her own bike one day and my little girls bike will be handed down to one of my kids if possible.

Edited by Lost1888

^^ I totally agree. I can see there is a stigma with the sport bikes, but like you said, don't want to stir that can of worms. I am certainly not here to offend. I like the naked look, but also like some of the more sportier bikes too.

Worms stirred.

What about the 'hooligan' stigma with naked short wheelbase bikes? :) Naked or faired, the SV is a torque monster, not known for speed, but will easily pull the front wheel off the ground if you provoke it.

I try to spend more time on the edge of the tires than on the rear tire or center of the tires. Since I have had my bike, Don't know about the PO, the front has never and will never get off the ground. Just not my thing. All I can do is speak for myself. I have had so many people (riders and cagers) say stupid shit to me just because who I have been with riding and because they can't tell the difference between a rocket, sport bike and a standard. Which many of us know it's not the bike but the rider. But anyways a lot of guys , most seem to ride rockets or hyper sports, have set a bad image to anyone who rides a standard bike jsut like the biker gangs for the Harley riders. What ever though I try not to give a crap but I do get pissed off when I get lumped up in with the squids and bad asses:rolleyes:!

I have said my piece! Take what you want out of it. The only thing that is going to change my mind is peoples actions. The proof is in the pudding.

Screw it lets Ride!!!:safemotorcycle:

If you can get a naked cheaper then do it. You can always add the other stuff if you want to later. Or if a faired bike is cheaper get it and we'll take everything off. Clip one or handlebars? Again doesn't matter as it's easily and cheaply changed as well. Everything else is the same. So if it comes down to cash get the better deal.

Just don't get a yellow one. Ufta. :D

Lost: Don't count out those wheelies just yet. This summer we'll hit some nice roads and you'd be surprised how easily the front wheel lofts cresting some of those hills.

Had had that happen twice last year just going over rail road tracks. I don't look at getting a little lift off a hill the same as pulling the front wheel up to do a wheelie the same. But I get your point!

Bad Ass!

rea_jump_rhs.jpg

Ghey Balls!!

wheelie_6.jpg

You will NOT pop a wheelie on a sv1000...I have one...and its not even close to "popping a wheelie" when I get on it... You can sit/ride mine on saturday.. No need to waste your time with the 650 ;) haha... But seriously...the sv1000 naked is the sweetness!!! Way better seating position than the S model!