Clutch @ MidOhio Today

ProudPops

We loaded up,out of Farva's, at sixish this morning headed to MidOhio. Temps are already getting hot. After two return trips because "Oh shit! I forgot..." We got up there around 7:30. Now this is a Ducati Track Day so understand we're dealing with those who buy a high maintainence (every2k) motorcycle. So they spend their time making announcements and boasting of whatever so they can keep the miles down on their bikes, No slam, just fact. How do you shut up an Italian? Tie their hands. The intermediate group proved that well today. Clutch WILL NO LONGER ride in that class, we're (he, I'm Just Team Manager Transport Operator, TMTO) going to Advanced.

Let the clusterfuck begin. Miss the first session due to (probably intentional) no announcement. Lemme see here, 40 plus bikes at one time, really guys, c'mon now. Clutch goes out and starts at 2:00's until his tires warm up and settles into 1:54's. In April, he started out at 2:17's, settled in at 56's and one hot lap at 51. So he's already starting out in the 54's and we're hoping to break into the 40's. Kinda tough to do when no one can maintain a line even down the back straight. Just ask him when someone decided to drift in front of him, topped out in sixth. ProudPops was sucking wind watching that one, but he did get around. Hence the tie their hands joke. Pulls in, do a fast remap, temps are rising fast, I'm force feeding him Gatorade and water and he's busting balls to get the new map in. Finish up and they announce a two hour lunch break. Are ya fucking kiddin' me??? Ooops, I forgot, this is an Italian event. By now they're hyperventilating because they can't talk and ride, although the way most of them rode there is no way their hands were on the grips anyway.

1:45PM and session 3, 90 plus by now. Clutch starts out on cold tires with a 1:55 and is already lapping riders. Watch him do a beautiful, first bike on the right second on the left pass out of the back staright right hander. Hit the stop watch. When the stop watch hit 2:17 I knew it wasn't good and headed back to the truck, no red flags so I knew he was safe anyway. They bring him in on the trailer. Countershaft sprocket nut spun loose and the sprocket came off. They did make an announcemet on the PA but to no avail. No Japanese nuts at an Italia dinner. Our day was over and he was, probably still is, bummed. We loaded up and headed home.

Clutch, thank you for making me a part of what you love. I had a great day with you. We'll have a better day next time.

Next time Putty comes over I'll have him show me how to post pics, I gots lots.

Pops

Had to order the missing nut and spacer, hopefully it'll be here by the weekend. I'll be at Mid Ohio, he'll be working. Kinda sucks though, this will be the first time in 18 yrs (except for RedRobin's dumb ass decision to get married in CO on that weekend. See what that got ya?), that we haven't been there together. That's OK, we have the Sept./Oct. shootout and he already has it off, complete with starting out on Monday the 25th Track Day. That'll be good, because he's done with Intermediate class and moving to Advanced. Less riders, better riders, and he'll learn more this way.

Pops

Yeah, he's not going. I'll be hooking up with Jeff, from Youngstown, Friday night, he'll be there Friday morning. We're just going to split the camping cost since his son won't be there either. Cinci couple are MIA, haven't heard from the Cleveland group either. Jeff's going to call me Friday to let me know where our space is.

what kinda bike is he riding? let me know when he'll be goin up for another trackday. i'm tryin to get in a day before the RRGC but i think there arent any. i can give him some pointers, help him out. i was there for the first time earlier this year and went 1.45.2 on a sv650.

He's riding a mostly stock '05 Yamaha R6, Power Commander and pipe. We'll be up there for the Sept 25 track dayz. Pointers are always welcome. He does better when he's either chasing someone down or can hear their bike in his helmet. That's what he misses most from when he was living in FL and doing Jennings. The guys he started out with were all licensed racers and he learned fast. I'm trying to talk him into some other track days. April at Mid Ohio was OK, the duc soup served up on Monday was pretty lame. Would that be a Lame Duc?

Pops

Owndjoo I am alwayse open for pointers. So maybe you can schedule a track day on the 25th. there will be me and two other guys so it autta be pretty sweet. Im going to need a chance to redeem myself for a wasted day with some ugly birds and to go after tha 1:51 lap time from april

OK, I can't hold this part to myself and Clutch any longer.

The three (Bob or Rob from April) are fanned out looking for a metric nut for his sprocket. searching hi and lo, here's the conversation with the guy that Clutch (also someone I've known for about 8 yrs) met and decided to go this day.

"Where the fuck you guys pitted? I been walking all over this place lookin' for ya. I'm thinking this dumb mother fucker's out in the sun somewhere!"

"No dude, we're under a nice shade tree out back with a breeze. This ain't my first time here."

"Yeah, well I'm movin up to advanced for this afternoon. I didn't even know they were timin' me. Polen said you're runnin' 55's you need to move up to advanced. Fuck man, we passed every one of these douche bags twice. Clutch, how many times did I pass you?"

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I don't know man. I was running 54's. I never saw you."

Pops

Im going 1:10s there on my track day BITCHES!

(hah I wish). I will shoot for 1:30s while there.. liter bike + ohlins > *

let me know when you go there! cuz i wanna be there to see this... :twisted:

the sucky part about that trackday being on the 25th, is that i'll be there the 22-24 for the AMA RRGC. so i'll just have to win a national championship or two and let you guys know my times when you get back from the monday trackday. 8)

Buwahahahaha...... I got this message on MySpace. I'd set out a thing about OhioRiders.net. This Tim guy replied with:

No thanks.

After reading the Duc bashing post on there from Mr. Paske, you can count me out. An attitude like that is uncalled for.

If you want to gain more allegiance (and diversity) in OhioRiders.net, I suggest pulling that post off.

[/quote:e446f]

Ya know what. I'll just vent here also.

Listen Up you Dumbass mother fucker!!! It was tongue in cheek. Get your fat assed face out of the pasta bowl! Whoever the fuck you are that doesn't have the balls to bring it to me, Oh I'm sorry, my face was full of pasta so I'll just rip your son for the truth you wrote! Also, asshole, it's Paskey, as in jlpaskey@yahoo.net, or it's 614-893-4723. Now, mother fucker, ya wanna dance. As a spaghetti bender, you oughtta now the rule, Don't Fuck with my family, don't Fuck with my food!!!! Bring it to me, not my son! Asshole

Pops

I'm chillin' today. Now, you know better than to ask me Not to feed the girls Tarantula at Mid Ohio, it makes Sunday mornings oh so fun. Nothing better than a train wreck crawling out of the tent.

Now I have to figure out who you are, it's down to two, and if Nelson Ledges is in your back yard, well, we'll leave the Mid Ohio nickname alone.