What's the penalty for riding without your endorsement or permit?

thomez

i ended up making the drive from mentor to solon 3 times so i could take my class (my local classes were booked til forevar, like you).

you may have to do that... believe me, the MSF is totally worth it, and it's a lot more fun to do it that way than have some portly disgruntled state trooper yell at you.

but as far as temps, it's like $11... just go get it. it takes all of 10 minutes go fly through the computer/written test. the lines are the only thing that pisses me off. if you're busy with work, you should be able to sneak out during lunch time or during saturday... a lot of the exam stations are open on saturday because of this type of thing.

good luck, whatever you end up doing.

ya I guess it would be a lot cheaper to just get my stupid permit again and try to get into a class

I'm sure in a few tries I can make it in .... showing up at 6pm on Friday nights is pretty sucky tho

Showing up at the lock up for a little sucky would be worse;)

ya I guess it would be a lot cheaper to just get my stupid permit again and try to get into a class

I'm sure in a few tries I can make it in .... showing up at 6pm on Friday nights is pretty sucky tho

Why take a freaking class? Just practice. Find yourself a large parking lot and practice doing U turns within the lines of two parking spaces. Get good at that and you will be fine.

I'll give it a shot and see how that goes once I get started riding her again this year

doing a valve adjustment starting today, might take a lil bit to get the shims I need to put it back together

I'm sure the bike will be A LOT easier to ride than I remember it because I was riding on a completely shot, fell out in pieces, rear wheel bearing ...

even did a group ride on it! f'ing rear tire wobbled like Muhammed Ali

hmmm depends on the cop, don't give them a excuse to pull you over and they shouldn't bother you....like i said it depends on the cop.....this is no bullshit, one of my buddies did 160 and outran a cop on his **GIXXER SQUID BIKE** last week, no permit or anything (he does wear gear and he's getting his permit asap)....but anywho another motorist got his plate numbers and the cop called him and he said if he didn't come in he would have a warrant out for him. Amazingly enough all he got was a 89 in a 65 ticket because thats what he was clocked at. If he wouldn't have came back in he woulda got the book thrown at him.

Again this is no bullshit, he's damn lucky. I got fucked riding on permit at night, had to go to court and got a fine and 2 points, wish i woulda fought it.

Why take a freaking class? Just practice. Find yourself a large parking lot and practice doing U turns within the lines of two parking spaces. Get good at that and you will be fine.

Taking the class lowers your insurance rates

my stupid permit is expired

and I don't have a suitable bike for the test

anyone with a small bike or dual sport I could borrow cheap? :D

Check with someone from Pride of Cleveland Scooters, they may be able to tell you where you can rent

a small cc scooter to take the test. I know there is a guy down here in Columbus that makes a living doing that but not sure about up your way.

http://www.clevelandscooters.com