06 gsxr 600-5500

jermattak

agreed. i was referring more to less rotational weight with the sprocket change, which albeit isnt much wt and the slip on with power commander added a few hp but not much. :cheers:

plus i took off some stickers so im sure that hurt my hp :D

Changing the sprockets dropped comparatively NOTHING in weight. Sorry.

I used to see guys come into the shop all the time with a slip-on and PC actually have LESS HP than stock because the "map" was one they "got from a buddy on gixxer.com" The only was to optimize your HP is to have your bike tuned by someone that knows what they're doing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only was to optimize your HP is to have your bike tuned by someone that knows what they're doing.

and thats why he said he needs to have it tuned. And what he meant by gearing change, he meant the 520 conversion and aluminum rear sprocket.

$5500 is a little steep on this one fellers... G/L selling it in the condition it is in. I'd probably quit with the false comments and just try and sell her the way you should...

why is it steep? because my newbie friend told me to post 129hp and it doesnt have 129? KBB is $6005, i saw nothing wrong with this bike, other than it doesnt have the original plastics because the PO took them off and sold them. Ive ridden this bike, and it runs great. I dont know anything about the "one off" pipe, but my friend is new to streetbikes, and the PO probably took advantage of that, and told him its a one off exaust system. I dont know, or maybe it is...

regardless, the bike is what it is, a 2006 gsxr 600 with track plastics and some bolt ons with around 6000 miles...5500 does not seem like a bad deal at all to me.

why is it steep? because my newbie friend told me to post 129hp and it doesnt have 129? KBB is $6005, i saw nothing wrong with this bike, other than it doesnt have the original plastics because the PO took them off and sold them. Ive ridden this bike, and it runs great. I dont know anything about the "one off" pipe, but my friend is new to streetbikes, and the PO probably took advantage of that, and told him its a one off exaust system. I dont know, or maybe it is...

regardless, the bike is what it is, a 2006 gsxr 600 with track plastics and some bolt ons with around 6000 miles...5500 does not seem like a bad deal at all to me.

wtf would you take off the stock plastics and put some shit plastics on if it wasnt wrecked..id almost g-t its been wrecked

Well, considering we don't know title status, we see it has some of the shittiest plastics I have seen on a bike, and it probably has been wrecked, I think $500 below KBB (which is only a measuring tool) is still too high.

I know Reuben at 35 Motorsports is going to have some 08 GSXR600s with some slight rash with NEW MSOs and never been titled bikes from the Swantz school priced close to this asking price here...

The drag pipe and PC don't add value. It may to someone looking specifically for that, but an Akro system would have pulled more interest.

He'd get maybe $5500 if it was bone stock and in great shape. Or at least with new plastic that was OEM colors...

It's just too rough a bike to sell for that much. I mean, it may, but it's a little high for that bike in the condition it is in...

well maybe people on here would like a brocks pipe and pc, just because you (and me for that matter) would rather buy a bike that doesnt have any basic drag goodies, doesnt mean no one does. i dont know the title status, i dont know if its been wrecked, im not gonna put words in his mouth, thats why i posted his number.

I thought you were done shitting all over this bike? btw he is asking 5500, so if you know so much about this bike...please, tell me how much its worth, not how much its worth to you, but a general number that would be fair to a person who is interested

and btw, for everyone who was wondering about the dyno shit, someone at brocks saw this thread and called aaron, and told him the PO was full of shit, and he gave him a dyno sheet for 750...nice looking out guys :cheers: and i recieved a pm that said he almost bought this bike, and the guy was bs'ing about the power as well. The bike dynoed 112 to the wheel

well maybe people on here would like a brocks pipe and pc, just because you (and me for that matter) would rather buy a bike that doesnt have any basic drag goodies, doesnt mean no one does. i dont know the title status, i dont know if its been wrecked, im not gonna put words in his mouth, thats why i posted his number.

I thought you were done shitting all over this bike? btw he is asking 5500, so if you know so much about this bike...please, tell me how much its worth, not how much its worth to you, but a general number that would be fair to a person who is interested

Oh, trust me, there's someone out there that would love this bike with the drag goodies. However, that's going to be a smaller demographic of riders.

The fairings and the title are an issue. Bodywork for these things even used on Ebay are going to be about $700. I'd say if he asked $4500 firm, he'd have a good price. You'd have to pull out $700 or thereabouts for plastics. That's $5200... Of course, you could sell the race plastics easy if they are in good shape. Depending on the plastics, they'd go from $250 to $500 if they are good ones...

He's not that far off, I guess, but man, when you are selling a stock bike pretty much that has been either wrecked or been drag raced, you have a tough time sometimes... They think abuse overall...

I'd tell him to post the title status. If salvage, it wouldn't be that much cheaper really. Probably $4k max.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...