06 gsxr 600-5500

jermattak

price dropped to $4900

posting for a buddy i work with

06 gsxr 600.. 59xx miles.. hot bodies race plastics.. extra tail section.. brocks custom made one off exhaust over 1700 new.. power commander 3 with custom brocks dyno tuning.. aftermarket sprockets.. new tires... few minor scratches but in very good shape and well maintained.. never ride anymore so need to sell..5500 obo contact 765-914-0215 for more info and pictures

i rode this thing the other day, its pretty dang quick for a 600, as you can see, it is lowered, ipicture.php?albumid=211&pictureid=2098 t began its life as a 600 dragbike (:dunno:) the dogbones are adjustable back to stock though.

picture.php?albumid=211&pictureid=2097

picture.php?albumid=211&pictureid=2099

Edited by jermattak

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so 129 at the crank is possible maybe??? or is that still to big of a gap?

Brock's dyno, like every other dyno that you could take your bike to around here is a chassis dyno. That means the motor has to be in the frame. THAT makes it very difficult (impossible) to show crank number.

Even at that, the tranny and drive line costs you about 10% (give or take, depending on condition, ymmv, etc., etc.) I'd be surprised if that thing was 129 ANYWHERE.

Brock's dyno, like every other dyno that you could take your bike to around here is a chassis dyno. That means the motor has to be in the frame. THAT makes it very difficult (impossible) to show crank number.

Even at that, the tranny and drive line costs you about 10% (give or take, depending on condition, ymmv, etc., etc.) I'd be surprised if that thing was 129 ANYWHERE.

i see wasnt sure not into the whole dyno thing. just know that there is a difference between the crank numbers and the wheel numbers

so 129 at the crank is possible maybe??? or is that still to big of a gap?

Still too big a gap... You usually factor 10% decrease for chain driven machines...

Ask Drew (Owndjoo) and he'll tell you what a TRUE Supersport built motor will pull on the dyno.

You can have 129 at the ground, but be ready for rebuilds...

$5500 is a little steep on this one fellers... G/L selling it in the condition it is in. I'd probably quit with the false comments and just try and sell her the way you should...

thread hijack, but do i stand correct and say my 2005 750 produces 127 hp stock?.i have looked online forever and still have no single true answer

Eh, a little high. I'd say more like 120 ish stock. We had that year bike and with a full SS build and everything dialed, it was 140 at the ground dependable power...

i need to have my bike dynoed. im thinking it was pushing anywhere between 100-110 stock but i have some mods so im sure that pushes me up a bit

A slip on and an air filter pushes you up a bit? Not unless the bike's been tuned, and even then not very much.

A slip on and an air filter pushes you up a bit? Not unless the bike's been tuned, and even then not very much.

yeah...a bit. i didnt say a lot. plus ive removed a few pounds with removing the stock muffler, changing gearing. again, im not saying ive added a lot, but ive added some.

yeah...a bit. i didnt say a lot. plus ive removed a few pounds with removing the stock muffler, changing gearing. again, im not saying ive added a lot, but ive added some.

Dropping weight that isn't rotated by the motor doesn't really boost horsepower - it just allows you to use what you have more efficiently. For example, its easier for 100 HP to move 300 lbs than it is for 100 HP to move 350 lbs. Changing sprockets doesn't add horsepower either - all that changes is your drive ratios. The bike may accelerate quicker, etc., but it doesn't really change the horsepower that the motor puts out.

There is only one way to increase the horsepower that a given displacement puts out - get more air and fuel in, and get more exhaust gas out. How you accomplish that is up to you, but adding some doo-dads and lightweight stuff isn't gonna get get you there.

Dropping weight that isn't rotated by the motor doesn't really boost horsepower - it just allows you to use what you have more efficiently. For example, its easier for 100 HP to move 300 lbs than it is for 100 HP to move 350 lbs. Changing sprockets doesn't add horsepower either - all that changes is your drive ratios. The bike may accelerate quicker, etc., but it doesn't really change the horsepower that the motor puts out.

There is only one way to increase the horsepower that a given displacement puts out - get more air and fuel in, and get more exhaust gas out. How you accomplish that is up to you, but adding some doo-dads and lightweight stuff isn't gonna get get you there.

agreed. i was referring more to less rotational weight with the sprocket change, which albeit isnt much wt and the slip on with power commander added a few hp but not much. :cheers:

plus i took off some stickers so im sure that hurt my hp :D