Commuters: Do you use a backpack or some kind of bike cargo?

Bkizz

I've always just used a backpack too. It was my old one from UD, and I just replaced the books with other random shit. Worked out just fine, and it even matches the bike, because let's face it, looks are everything :D

It's all come full-circle now, thought because I use it to haul books on my bike to grad school now. Little bastard has held up to everything and it was only like 30 bucks ages ago.....

to school and back? -- that swedish first aid symbol company backpack that everyone has...

to OU or longer trips? -- tank bag from cortech/tourmaster. best thing evar. i can fit my some books, 4 days worth of clothing, miscellaneous crap that i dont need, pair of shoes all in this 5 or 7L bag (i dont remember which)

and plus one to osumj. i have had the unfortunate experience of riding with the zippers by my neck my first year of riding on the highway. wind forced the zipper open and my stuff came flying out. with my luck of course it landed in the median. but i did find a state trooper on my turnaround and asked her for help and she obliged. cops around my parts are all nice :)

Cortech 21 liter magnetic tank bag. Lots of room and convienent.

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tank_bags/cortech_by_tour_master/21_liter_magnetic_strap_mount_motorcycle_tank_bag.html

Roadgear Expandable tailbag I picked up on a clearance sale

Fieldsheer Expander Saddlebags. Works on the EX-500 & KLR, but too big for the ZX6

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/saddlebags_/fieldsheer/expander_motorcycle_saddlebags.html

An old Hell-Mart backpack.

I'm going to find out how they all work together when I ride out to Arizona in a few weeks. Gotta love those mountain roads outside Phoenix.

army surplus cheap black backpack, works great.

tiny Nelson-Rigg magnetic tankbag for gps & stuuuuffff, works great.

Krauser tail rack with cargo net, works great. (looks like a wing)

bought Nelson-Rigg sidebags but not fitted and used yet.

now thinking Ventura rack and bag system, huge storage capacity.

Just got a weird British full tank cover that has clips and snaps for a matching tank bag. I'll be getting that, it looks trick. Had it sent from England.

Zipping backpacks to one side is necessary. It appears that zipped to the center lets water in and/or seems to unzip. I think it's the body angle in the wind stream. High speeds won't budge a magnetic tank bag, but it will remove items from a tail rack cargo net to be lost forever. Use a bag with a separate secure tie down, under the cargo net.

I use a Ogio No drag back pack for commuting. It easily fits my lap top and other junk. I can even fit all my softball gear in the summer with my laptop (glove, cleats, jersey, shorts, etc..)

I use a icon tank bag as a tail bag for sport rides. (bungee corded under the pillion seat). It easily holds a second visor, snacks, a water, tire gauge, map, cell phone, wallet, keys, etc...)

backpack1.jpg

backpack2.jpg

backpack3.jpg

I use a backpack mostly, because I can either strap it with the mesh or wear it. I usually strap it, but I have plenty of shit to hook to that doesn't fuck my paint. (and I don't care on the Suzuki anyway)

Sounds like your best bet is a magnetic tank bag, those are pimp sauce, or a comfy backpack to wear. Either would do you well I think. (tank bags are pretty cool though, and don't interfere with passengers...)