The Triple Nickel has been repaved!?!?!?

Casper

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

800 from Dennison is nice sweepy, alert but relaxed ride, have not ridden 7 though

The short stretch of Route 7 is a 4 lane mostly divided road along the river. There is a scenic view pull over on the East bound side between the Little hocking and Marietta.

I would imagine the group would have some decency to wait up for the guys who want to ride their own ride. I know I will ride my own ride if I can make it. And if is an issue it will be the last ride I attend. But I doubt that is going to be an issue. If you have a problem with peer pressure and feel like yo have to keep up with the fastest guys in the pack and you wreck, serves you right for riding beyond your abilities. I know I will be one of the people that would be more than happy to stop and make sure your OK and do what I can to help you. I guess I just have a positive outlook on things.

The loop sound like a nice ride and I look forward to making it and meeting some of you people.

This was my last long ride of 2008.

331 mi – about 11 hours 24 mins

Not for the faint of heart, it gathers in most of the twisties of 555, 26, and 78.

Since it crosses over itself, it can be ridden 10 different ways. 8 long routes, and two short.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=5435+Westerville+Rd,+Westerville,+OH+43081+(Iron+Pony+Motorsports)&daddr=40.087003,-82.782669+to:Lancaster+Rd%2FOH-37+to:zanesville+oh+to:Center+Rd%2FOH-555+to:OH-555%2FOH-669+to:OH-555%2FOH-669+to:OH-555+to:OH-555+to:OH-555+to:OH-555+to:redbush,+oh+to:marietta,+oh+to:OH-26+to:woodsfield,+oh+to:OH-78%2FWoodsfield+Rd+to:caldwell,+oh+to:mcconnelsville,+oh+to:new+lexington,+oh+to:OH-13+to:Lancaster+Rd%2FOH-37+to:5435+Westerville+Rd,+Westerville,+OH+43081+(Iron+Pony+Motorsports)&hl=en&geocode=%3B%3BFaAnYwIdRM8U-w%3B%3BFcDsXwIdEAAd-w%3BFT-sXgIdVpkc-w%3BFRhLXgIdsEcc-w%3BFUt5XQId5FEc-w%3BFTh9XAIdxLAc-w%3BFYALWQId7o0f-w%3BFQqDWAIdjP0f-w%3B%3B%3BFfhJXAIdNI4p-w%3B%3BFeguXwId-Oom-w%3B%3B%3B%3BFYbMXwIdXtYW-w%3BFZE4YwIdXNMU-w%3B&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,13,15,19,20&dirflg=ht&sll=40.030769,-82.790222&sspn=0.379074,0.514297&ie=UTF8&ll=39.730426,-82.040405&spn=1.522922,2.05719&z=9

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=1530

It can also be stretched to ride it this way, to maximize route 78 past Burr Oak Lake.

367 mi – about 12 hours 39 mins

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=1531

so i just gave you 16 different twisty rides out of Columbus. I will be riding one of these early this year. As soon as I can.

This was the first ride of last year:

mostly gentle farmland and sweepers along the rivers

Columbus to Steubenville to Marietta to Zanesville and back to Columbus.

Route 22, 7 and 60

374 mi – about 9 hours 41 mins

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=1532

was just looking at google and see 800 from Denison to Fly or Rt 7 looked nice and twisty, but don;t know what rode looks like - any one taken this route before? its less than 100 miles i think.....

I've ridden Route 7 from Stuebenville to Marietta early in 2008. Flat river road, it varies from two lane to four lane divided. Some pavement not so good. Fairly easy road. Lots of state highway patrol on parts of it.

It's a sight seeing road along the river.

I've ridden Route 7 from Stuebenville to Marietta early in 2008. Flat river road, it varies from two lane to four lane divided. Some pavement not so good. Fairly easy road. Lots of state highway patrol on parts of it.

It's a sight seeing road along the river.

I'm originally from that area.... I can vouch for the patrol. I have been pulled over there a few times. It is 50 or 55(can't remember), but they mean it!!!

Ohio 7 = ghey.

West Virgina 7 = WOOT!!

Made me look... I see that, WV 7.

what about WV route 2 right on the other side of the river from Ohio route 7?

I could see it on the other side, and it looked like it had all the elevation changes, while the Ohio side was dirt flat.

I would imagine the group would have some decency to wait up for the guys who want to ride their own ride. I know I will ride my own ride if I can make it. And if is an issue it will be the last ride I attend. But I doubt that is going to be an issue. If you have a problem with peer pressure and feel like yo have to keep up with the fastest guys in the pack and you wreck, serves you right for riding beyond your abilities. I know I will be one of the people that would be more than happy to stop and make sure your OK and do what I can to help you. I guess I just have a positive outlook on things.

The loop sound like a nice ride and I look forward to making it and meeting some of you people.

Oh yeah. We wait at every turn. And big rides like the Hocking Hills ride last year maps were passed out with meeting points.

Made me look... I see that, WV 7.

what about WV route 2 right on the other side of the river from Ohio route 7?

I could see it on the other side, and it looked like it had all the elevation changes, while the Ohio side was dirt flat.

Route is, well different, some parts aren't bad, but it tends to go through little WV hill towns with traffic lights etc...

I went down to the triple nickle with a group of 10 or so people from the board last season, and I admit that I had some trouble keeping up but no one ever gave me a hard time about slowing the group up... I brought up the rear every time I went out... which I don't really mind being last, but I feel bad holding the ride up, but to the point. You don't have to worry about this no one on here will ever give you crap or leave you behind on a group ride... the rule is we all leave together and come back the same way...

Looks like we've got the map. Let's get a date together. May? When I have some free time I'll drive the route in the car and check the roads.

And if you guys need a conditions report before the actual ride:

Let me know when you guys plan to ride 555 and I will try to do a run the weekend or days before and give a report.