new pipe suggestions

jon_SV650

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm a little late on this thread. Back when I had an SV, I had a high mount scorpion. Scorpion, isn't not the best make, but I appreciated the high mount. If you are into track riding, the stock pipe can drag... Although if you are more into sport touring, the high mount kind of rules out saddle bags.

I guess I'm a little late on this thread. Back when I had an SV, I had a high mount scorpion. Scorpion, isn't not the best make, but I appreciated the high mount. If you are into track riding, the stock pipe can drag... Although if you are more into sport touring, the high mount kind of rules out saddle bags.

yeah I am going to be sticking with the road (at least with this bike)...

sweet that $50 cheaper than where i was looking...it does say on their site that it fits 02-06, i have an 07, think they are the same?

I'm not exactly sure. I think they are ll the same from 04- 08. Minus the ABS and 03 has a higher sub frame. I would call and make sure. If they can't give you a definitive answer call Ron Ayers or Oneida. Being Suzuki oem dealers they may have the best answers for you.

I'm not exactly sure. I think they are ll the same from 04- 08. Minus the ABS and 03 has a higher sub frame. I would call and make sure. If they can't give you a definitive answer call Ron Ayers or Oneida. Being Suzuki oem dealers they may have the best answers for you.

sweet thanks!

got it all installed Saturday! only issue was it being a pain in the ass to get to the hex bolt that held the clamp on the rear header. I have a nice set of T-handled hex wrenches and they weren't long enough!! so I ended going to buy a set of hex sockets, but at least i have those now too...

...and damn the bike sounds fucking wicked!!! went on a cruise around town to 'break' it in a bit :D

pics can be seen here: http://www.ohio-riders.net/album.php?albumid=163

Congratulations on your new pipe, always makes you feel good to do something to your baby. I had been reading this thread and had myself all cranked up to throw my .5 cents worth in but got to the end and saw you had pulled the trigger allready. Good luck and have fun maybe see you out there on the road. Oh and don't let anyone tell you it's just an SV, one of the fastest guys I know rides an old beat-up ratty SV 650 and he regularly puts bigger bikes to shame through the twisty bits. What matters is that it has two wheels and is yours!!!

Edited by ffbigrig