Ohio Riders Official Lap Time Leaderboard

natedogg624

the mladin/spies days are in no comparison to the rules/bikes that are currently being used in AMA Superbike.  1.25's were clicked off by a few guys last year for sure.  Previous years/rules/spec tires/ etc. need not apply to the current rules packages.  The classes top times have obviously slowed over the change in rules/ spec fuel/ spec tires.  And yes, if 600 expert points is all it takes to race in Superbike, then the rules have definitely changed from the 100 advancement points needed in Daytona Sportbike originally.  Before you had to ride that class and earn the points to be eligible to step up to superbike.  Pegram is currently the benchmark for anyone from Ohio, he's been our golden boy for years.  It would definitely be awesome to see Ryan take over that honor!

I see where they added for "New" superbike licenses 600 points aboard a Superbike legal bike. Otherwise those with 1 season in DSB need 100 adv points. Haven't kept up on the licensing much since I was going through the process a few years ago.  I like the change, and that they will allow some bikes older than 5 years old in now as well.

You haven't raced anything other than your tricycle last I remember.  Alas, I don't have any official slow lap times to post until I race at PIRC in two weeks time.

:D

PS - see a lot of decent bikes on the race boards for sale!  One thread here on OR has a tasty AMA spec gixxer 600...hint hint... :D

Edited by r1crusher

the mladin/spies days are in no comparison to the rules/bikes that are currently being used in AMA Superbike.  1.25's were clicked off by a few guys last year for sure.  Previous years/rules/spec tires/ etc. need not apply to the current rules packages.  The classes top times have obviously slowed over the change in rules/ spec fuel/ spec tires.  And yes, if 600 expert points is all it takes to race in Superbike, then the rules have definitely changed from the 100 advancement points needed in Daytona Sportbike originally.  Before you had to ride that class and earn the points to be eligible to step up to superbike.  Pegram is currently the benchmark for anyone from Ohio, he's been our golden boy for years.  It would definitely be awesome to see Ryan take over that honor!

the original thread was about fast laptimes, didnt realize they had to be under any current rules packages when i was making some comparisons.

much like the 132 you said you did at mid ohio , how long ago was that and under what rules package ?

too much keyboard racin goin on here , got the real deal to do startin in the a.m.

have a good one

gerry

Good luck to you and Ryan this weekend! Kick some ass!

My times years ago were under the 2008 WERA SS 600 rules since you asked. basically cartridge forks/ohlins shock with 116hp engine build. Quite down on power even then especially for a 6'2" 190lb rider.

My own personal goals for mid-ohio are sub 1:36 on an SV650, 1:30 on a 600, and sub 1:29 on a 1000.  All very reachable once I can afford it on my own.

a few ;) I crashed out of a RRGC win with 1.5 laps to go lmao.  But I have some WERA regional titles and national event wins to my name. and yes Sponsors would be greeeeat lol  I think it would be a lot of fun to hop back on an SV and run the WERA nationals

• 3 weeks later...

I am running 1:48-1:49 consistently at Mid O and am well within the Intermediate group (switching from Q2s to SBK Pro slicks for the next PTR day).  At what point should I consider switching to Advanced?  I still get passed by a couple riders within Inter but do some passing of my own too...  I'm just looking for a goal to shoot for thanks.

Lap times aren't the biggest deal in moving from intermediate to advanced... I mean sure you don't want to be waaay slower, but the key is that you are competent with passing and being passed.  Holding good lines and not getting spooked by the fast guys are the bigger things. You will naturally progress into lower times just from riding in the advanced group.  Those times, imho, are plenty quick to move up as long as the above stated things are in good order.

It was no problem moving up.  I was definitely one of the slower guys in advanced but wasn't holding things up.  I even did some passing of my own... just switching to Superbike Pro Slicks dropped my time from 1:48 to 1:43.  They are AWESOME tires; tons of grip and even better feedback!

pirelli superbike pro slicks are my #1 favorite tire. I used to run them  with a 190 rear on my 07 gsxr600. just insane amounts of grip, and with the 190 you could really hammer on it leaned over, good contact patch and like you said, great feedback, which is my #1 want in a tire.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
20 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

When I got bumped from N to I at Mid-O, the instructor said we were clicking off 1:50's consistently. I dont have a lap timer, I need one of those.

may have a budget GPS timer laying around that you could use

• 3 weeks later...
  • Casper unpinned this topic