WTB 600rr or R6 (photo of cash in hand!)

aradamro

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/akrapovic.htm

Food for thought, possible explanation to his thought behind scorpion being a sister company to Akro. Don't know for sure, just happened to see this and figured I'd post it up. Usually I don't consider something completely valid until I can find it at three different places.

Formerly known as is exactly how it should be perceived. Not as if Akro owns the name Scorpion and the cheap crap that is in shops is the same quality and made by the same company we all know as Akrapovic...

I was told by a few reputable people that it was and I've even read on the net that it used to be the same company back in the 90's, but something happend and the owners split. I think that the Scorpian brand was primarily marketed at the UK back then? Plus Akro even has a damn Scorpion as there logo...(never seen that site aradamro), but what ever... who really cares! I'm not using the bike to its full potential anyway (who really can besides a professional racer)! It is a street bike, and track day whore so I'm not really looking for the best pipe for this dinosaur of a bike that makes just a tad over 100hp! :)

I'm happy with it and it has a nice sound as well, thats all that matters to me!

They used to be called Scorpion. Something happened and there was some legal deal where they changed their name. The current Scorpion as we all know isn't the sister company to anyone. Saying sister company implies they are all the same overall company like Pointiac and Buick are sister companies of GM...

Saw, that 600rr already in GA, I don't have the time to drive down there right now and I'm going to stick with the search for the 600rr or R6, I have nothing against kawi's either great bikes, just not what I'm looking for right now.

he wants something a little slower. kawi is just a little to far up the speed ladder. :lol:

;) jk

K. K. better watch out I might just have to throw a bid on this tomorrow muahaha. I'd just turn around and sell it anyways, don't want another liter bike, but I do love some buying and selling.

http://www.skipco.com/saa/updates/salelist/CarUpload_th_1124.htm

K. K. better watch out I might just have to throw a bid on this tomorrow muahaha. I'd just turn around and sell it anyways, don't want another liter bike, but I do love some buying and selling.

do it do it :badgerrock:

How is that auction since it is open to the public? Do things go for a fair price? Sometimes they sell at above clean trade because they aren't dealers...

Any insight? I'd be interested in attending the next one...

brian- its open to the public but 95% is dealers or "public people" who hold a dealers license. the "general public" gets the shit..been there many many times as my buddy has a dealers license..same for boats rvs equipment bikes etc..your not gonna walk in there and walk out with a "awesome deal" unless its already been picked through and the dealers didnt want it ..but it is pretty neat to watch!

brian- its open to the public but 95% is dealers or "public people" who hold a dealers license. the "general public" gets the shit..been there many many times as my buddy has a dealers license..same for boats rvs equipment bikes etc..your not gonna walk in there and walk out with a "awesome deal" unless its already been picked through and the dealers didnt want it ..but it is pretty neat to watch!

So they sell to dealers first round or something? Meaning, if I have a vendor's license, I get first crack or what?

I'm really interested as I am going to start going to the one in Cincinnati. I'm interested as to how it works. I can get signed to be a dealer principle, but need to know what the levels are in terms of who gets first crack, etc...

dealers have a run thru on wed. public gets to see thrs fri..so the in a way have first crack because they have already seen the car and talked to the banks/lenders...at any time they(title lein holders) can refuse to sell the item..its a lot of bs and who knows who..a lot of inside shit the ;public: doesnt know about..

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone find a good deal on a red 600rr. I've been in class and pulling some 12's in the ER so pretty busy and haven't been searching too much lately. I did see a red 07 600rr go for $4900 at Skipco, it wasn't perfect by any means (minor scrapes on right side, tank and small crack in front fairing) and the bank may not have even let it go for that price though.

my r6 is still for sale.

Got any bigger pictures of the damage you could send to aradamro@yahoo.com, like I mentioned before I'm only working with $4,000 and not going to be able to come up with more than that. BTW I have a great respect for people in the military and I appreciate you serving your country and preserving our freedom, good luck over there. Casper, I'm not looking to pick up another liter bike. I'd love to have a zx10 but if I was gonna do that I'd keep saving and pick up an 08, good luck on the sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked this baby up on the weekend. The guy selling was a cut and dry seller, the best kind. He also had a 02 RC-51 with 1000 miles, said he bought it in 2006, from a dealer in Columbus and got it straight from the crate. I about jizzed in my pants when he pulled the cover back and I saw something so mint. The r6 is pretty nice too, a couple very light scratches, 5,693 miles. It was his wife's bike. He said she never let him ride it and she never took it over 65mph. All stock, about 50% tread left on he 208's. I threw it up on craigslist just for shits and giggles, since it's tax refund time and people have money. I'm always buying and selling bikes, and if this doesn't sell modding it will be like starting from a blank canvas!

100_2757.jpg

100_2761.jpg

100_2769.jpg

100_2768.jpg

Thanks, he was sticking to his price, until I pulled that wad of cash out of my pocket and then he caved like a grown man at a Hannah Montana concert. I kind of felt bad cause he lost his job and was trying to liquidate some stuff, but I didn't feel that he was hurting that badly when he rolled up in a newer

5-series BMW.

Edited by aradamro
edit