WTB 600rr or R6 (photo of cash in hand!)

aradamro

Yeah I saw that R6 in Cinccy. I'm not a huge fan of the black tail section, doesn't mesh well with the rest of the bike being blue. Also, I don't really want go to Cinccy I think it's cursed when I'm down there. I recently hauled my 929 down to cinccy to sell it to a guy and I was 10 miles from his house. I was getting off at an exit and looked in the rear view mirror and saw the bike tip over ahhhhhh. I couldn't even say anything. I told him I would replace the mirror that broke off and take the tail section home with me and have it repainted but I could tell he just wanted the bike then and there. He still bought it after I knocked a little off the price for the tip over. Like I mentioned I've been all over the Wera and Nesba forums. I've been trying to contact a guy on the Nesba forums that has a 03 r6 with track and street plastics but he won't get back to me. That other R6 looks pretty sweet, my buddy used to have the 03 limited, but I don't really like flames. Thanks for the ads guys, I'll keep looking and something will show up.

Edited by aradamro

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad it got claimed on 60 around my favorite 25mph "S" corner. Apparently the moriwaki pegs on the rearsets are fixed and don't flex like the stockers. When they dragged the road at an aggressive angle this set me down pretty fast and caused my lowside. Already picked up all the parts and a crap ton more goodies that I really didn't need to get her back to perfect, just haven't had the time to install them all yet. Picked up a complete set of used fairings.....$1500 yikes, should have invested in some $150 frame sliders, hindsights always 20/20.

Too bad it got claimed on 60 around my favorite 25mph "S" corner. Apparently the moriwaki pegs on the rearsets are fixed and don't flex like the stockers. When they dragged the road at an aggressive angle this set me down pretty fast and caused my lowside. Already picked up all the parts and a crap ton more goodies that I really didn't need to get her back to perfect, just haven't had the time to install them all yet. Picked up a complete set of used fairings.....$1500 yikes, should have invested in some $150 frame sliders, hindsights always 20/20.

i love sr 60 one of my more favorite roads to ride when im alone and just clearing my mind

i love sr 60 one of my more favorite roads to ride when im alone and just clearing my mind

Hell yeah, practically uninhabited, fairly smooth, only ever seen one cop and usually not much loose gravel. I saw that they repaved a section at the Millersburg entrance, don't know how far they extended it. I always wanted to make a couple sweeps on that road in a car and clear off any debris, set up a couple people in various parts as spotters and mark off the entrance and exit and have my own personal course.

That is a great looking 1st gen, definitely don't get rid of it, I wish I could get my old one back. BTW what kind of exhaust is that(akro), the debadged look is throwing me off?

It is Akro's sister company, Scorpion... titanium hight mount. I love it and it sounds so good too!!!

Yeah, I'm going to keep it! I sold my other first gen and kicked my ass for doing it, so I went out and got the red one!

My old R6... since we are all posting pic's! HAHAHA

Jan22009.jpg

Jan14.jpg

Nice, still think I'm partial to the red though. Good looking Devil, also one of my favorite pipes, had a high mount carbon on my 929. Is that a samurai in the garage, sweetness, I bet you're having fun in this snow? Love older boxy SUV's gotta represent with my 88 Trooper II.

trooper.jpg

trooper2.jpg

trooper1.jpg

craigslist9293.jpg

craigslist8.jpg

Edited by aradamro

It is Akro's sister company, Scorpion... titanium hight mount. I love it and it sounds so good too!!!

Yeah, I'm going to keep it! I sold my other first gen and kicked my ass for doing it, so I went out and got the red one!

My old R6... since we are all posting pic's! HAHAHA

Jan22009.jpg

Jan14.jpg

Scorpion exhausts isn't a sister company to Akro. Certainly not even close in terms of quality or power output, either...

Scorpion exhausts isn't a sister company to Akro. Certainly not even close in terms of quality or power output, either...

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/akrapovic.htm

Food for thought, possible explanation to his thought behind scorpion being a sister company to Akro. Don't know for sure, just happened to see this and figured I'd post it up. Usually I don't consider something completely valid until I can find it at three different places.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizard 1

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/akrapovic.htm

Food for thought, possible explanation to his thought behind scorpion being a sister company to Akro. Don't know for sure, just happened to see this and figured I'd post it up. Usually I don't consider something completely valid until I can find it at three different places.

I was told by a few reputable people that it was and I've even read on the net that it used to be the same company back in the 90's, but something happend and the owners split. I think that the Scorpian brand was primarily marketed at the UK back then? Plus Akro even has a damn Scorpion as there logo...(never seen that site aradamro), but what ever... who really cares! I'm not using the bike to its full potential anyway (who really can besides a professional racer)! It is a street bike, and track day whore so I'm not really looking for the best pipe for this dinosaur of a bike that makes just a tad over 100hp! :)

I'm happy with it and it has a nice sound as well, thats all that matters to me!

As far as the vehicle in the background... good eye man! Yes it is a Samurai... The only thing Zuk on it is the body and frame! I put a V6, T5 tranny, Dana 300, Toyota axles, YJ springs, missing link shackles, 16x35" Boggers, yada, yada, yada... When I lived in NC, I use to go rockcrawl'n all the time. I've owned 4 Samurai's, and 2 Jeeps. I only have one Jeep TJ that I'm putting a 4" lift and 33's on now!!!

You can see all the pic's of the Monster Zuk here... page 2 and 3 is where they are at!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v619/fireman_343/My%20Truck/

DSCN1415.jpg

DSCN1416.jpg

Edited by fireman_343

Hell yeah, practically uninhabited, fairly smooth, only ever seen one cop and usually not much loose gravel. I saw that they repaved a section at the Millersburg entrance, don't know how far they extended it. I always wanted to make a couple sweeps on that road in a car and clear off any debris, set up a couple people in various parts as spotters and mark off the entrance and exit and have my own personal course.

its def a fun road. if you head up 62 a litte further you will see 206 that is a blast to ride also.