400EX fuel injected

12oclocker

I'm thinking about buying the fuel injection throttle body and sensors from a 09 CRF450R and modding them for my 400EX which has a 440 big bore kit in it.

I would also have to buy the gas tank insert which pressurizes the fuel and figure out a way to either get a 450r tank on the quad or put the fuel pump in my tank. Then I would have to remap the ecu, and make a custom engine temp sensor since the 450r has a liquid temp sensor on the head, and the 400EX is air cooled.. Lot of work though, probably would end up being a money hole and just cheaper to sell my quad and get the new Suzuki Z400 which is fuel injected..

I saw a custom fuel injection setup on a 400EX a few years ago on the net somewhere.

Edited by 12oclocker

I'm thinking about buying the fuel injection throttle body and sensors from a 09 CRF450R and modding them for my 400EX which has a 440 big bore kit in it.

I would also have to buy the gas tank insert which pressurizes the fuel and figure out a way to either get a 450r tank on the quad or put the fuel pump in my tank. Then I would have to remap the ecu, and make a custom engine temp sensor since the 450r has a liquid temp sensor on the head, and the 400EX is air cooled.. Lot of work though, probably would end up being a money hole and just cheaper to sell my quad and get the new kawi 450r which is fuel injected..

I saw a custom fuel injection setup on a 400EX a few years ago on the net somewhere.

fixed it for ya buddy ;)

Would it really be worth the money to attempt to change to FI? I seriously doubt it would be worth the money and time spent and the possibility of going through a couple engines till you get all the wrinkles ironed out. If you were to make a FI conversion kit, I would suggest making sure it could be fitted to the newer 400EX and try to sell the kits online and see what happens.

I'm open to you comming up with a FI kit for my 08 Ninja 250.......

Would it really be worth the money to attempt to change to FI? I seriously doubt it would be worth the money and time spent and the possibility of going through a couple engines till you get all the wrinkles ironed out. If you were to make a FI conversion kit, I would suggest making sure it could be fitted to the newer 400EX and try to sell the kits online and see what happens.

yeah your right, it would end up being a really long duration project probably.

I think the ninja would actually be harder, cause you got 2 cylinders to deal with instead of one, so you would have 2 injectors to deal with, and I cant think of any injector that was designed for a cylinder that small. Originally I was thinking of using a 929rr injector for the 400ex, because a single 929rr cylinder is close to the same displacement and size as the 400EX cylinder with the 440 kit on it.

I could be wrong, but I think the EX250 in Japan is fuel injected. As for the other project, you could always run it with a MegaSquirt and not worry about the engine temp sensor.