Sign in to follow this  
jeremygsxr

my new tile floor

diningroom3am4.jpg

This is the tile I put in my dining room. It's what I do for a living, but I have never done anything this elaborate.:D I modelled it after the cover of Sublime's 40oz. to Freedom cd. I'm going to grout it today.

I'm going to try to put glow in the dark grout in the sun. Just for shits and giggles. Hope it works.

Yeah I'm married, she's just happy to finally have it done. It's been down to the subfloor for a year.

Yeah I'm married, she's just happy to finally have it done. It's been down to the subfloor for a year.

Your wife must be cool as hell...either that or she already has a rug picked out... :grin:

looks good...i need to lay some tile in my kitchen. the builders of the house put the rolled out crap on it and it's alreayd peeling up after 5 yrs.

As a Sublime fan and current remodeler, I must say,"That looks killer". Good job. How much time do you have in that?

Thanks. off and on for a year.lol. but I have about 4 days in the sun. Thats not steady time, just in between judge judy and maury episodes.

thats a shitload of detail cuts man.

diningroom3am4.jpg

This is the tile I put in my dining room. It's what I do for a living, but I have never done anything this elaborate.

Looks like you spilled something on it..:D

How do I not see lines extending in the white tiles from the tips of the yellow points? Only asking cause I do stained glass and I was wondering if this would be similar....

How do I not see lines extending in the white tiles from the tips of the yellow points? Only asking cause I do stained glass and I was wondering if this would be similar....

Thats kinda what I was thinking - something doesn't look right....:confused:

In that pic the white tile were laying on top of the yellow. I needed new business cards so I did a quick mock up to get a pic. I'll have the finished product tomorrow, as long as the glow in the dark powder gets here.

I think its badd ass! Do u have a tile ban saw? It looks like the yellow tiles are lower are they?

I use a 4inch angle grinder with a diamond blade to cut.

In that pic the white tile were laying on top of the yellow. I needed new business cards so I did a quick mock up to get a pic. I'll have the finished product tomorrow, as long as the glow in the dark powder gets here.

It looks cool, maybe its the angle....I don't see it.

Make sure you post up some pics once its done!