what song are you listening to?

EagleCock

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Absolutely. But I gotta say, 8 string guitars are just absurd :D

More of a bass than a guitar :crazy:

Looks like the top four strings are bass (E-A-D-G) with the bottom four being that of a baritone guitar (B-E-A-D).

It'd be a great instrument to have and totally useful.

More of a bass than a guitar :crazy:

Looks like the top four strings are bass (E-A-D-G) with the bottom four being that of a baritone guitar (B-E-A-D).

It'd be a great instrument to have and totally useful.

No doubt "useful" in some aspects and a fuller overall sound and tonal range for a single guitar performance/band, but imo the necks are considerably wider than a 6'er which limits the playability for me. Besides, 12 octaves are plenty. 14 and 16 are just overkill when my whammy pedal gives me up to 24 octaves ;)

I refuse to play an electric horizontal harp :lol:

And think how heavy that plank would be playing live. Fugger must weigh a ton.

You got that right. A mahogany and maple 6 string weighs enough, but playing out with that 8 would demand a pillow under the strap or a chair to play it seated :rolleyes:

I toyed around with a new Ibanez 8 once.....and only once.....I'm just stuck on the old school 6 string format, cant comfortably get my hand ( or head ) around a 7 or 8 stringer

You got that right. A mahogany and maple 6 string weighs enough, but playing out with that 8 would demand a pillow under the strap or a chair to play it seated :rolleyes:

I toyed around with a new Ibanez 8 once.....and only once.....I'm just stuck on the old school 6 string format, cant comfortably get my hand ( or head ) around a 7 or 8 stringer

I have a Gibson Explorer bass (I was obviously into '80's metal at the time) and the body on that thing weighs a metric shit ton. Strap  carves into your shoulder after about 10 minutes of playing.

Lesson learned.

I've always played Ibanez RG series guitars, my first guitar was an 1986 model and its far heavier than my newer Basswood models. Thankfully Ibanez went with lighter wood bodies, which is fine since all of my tone comes from the pickups and preamp anyway. I had a USA custom Jackson that was a late 80's and a Fender custom H&M, both were heavy too. I dont know how Vai ever played that heart shaped, triple necked beast back in the day without getting a broken collar bone.

• 2 months later...

Been going back to the greatest era of rock music.

The 90s can't go wrong with almost any 90s rock band, with the exception of late 60s and early 70s there is no other time that the bands are still making music and touring.

Been listening to a lot of my collective soul CDs and early counting crows.

• 5 months later...

Found this while researching another band I just heard. There are some amazing vocal and musical performances by acts that I have not heard before.If you like metal, death metal, melodic metal there is some good content here.

http://loudwire.com/supreme-rock-goddesses/