HID kit

Benyen Soljax

bought a kit (ballast, bulb, wiring) off ebay and only used one so ill sell the other one for 40 bucks. the bulb is H4 with 8000K color.

Could you post up some pics of before/after? I've been thinking about doing HID for my R6 but I've been waiting to find someone semi local that had done it to see how it looks.

alright, i got the HID installed on my R6, so heres a little photo tutorial:

heres a view of my low beams before starting work on them:

IMG_1542.jpg

i pulled out that plastic back piece and drilled a hole through it for the wires to pass through. the bulbs came with an environmental cover that makes things nice and neat.

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

you can also see the box for the kit in the background. its just one of the $80 kits on ebay. they dont really say much about brands when you buy them because its all some asian stuff.

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

you then just yank out the halogen and plop in the new HID bulb with the backplate, and try to get the wires that connect to the factory harness corrent (it wont light up unless the polarity is right)

IMG_1555.jpg

heres where i mounted some of the extra circuitry

IMG_1557.jpg

and the ballast

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

Before:

IMG_1543.jpg

After:

IMG_1550.jpg

Before:

IMG_1544.jpg

After:

IMG_1549.jpg

now this is all in daylight so i dont know the light improvement yet. i didnt expect these bulbs to be quite so yellow either, as i supposedly ordered the "5000K" color bulbs, but these look more like 3000K. i guess only time will tell, but heres some initial shots against my garage door:

low:

IMG_1551.jpg

low and high:

IMG_1552.jpg

the kit came with all the double sided tape and zip ties that i needed to mount and make it look pretty, and really only took me like 15 minutes to install. longest part was trying to get the hole in the cover the right diameter.

i hope this helps, and i still have one ballast kit leftover, as well as two H4 bulbs and a H7 bulb if anyone is interested in getting one.

that's weird ben. 8000k should be more blue than yellow. But the yellow should produce more lumens which in the long run is better.

I just finished (well sort of) the retro on the 750 and I must say I'm very impressed.

i cant wait to see that dude. it looked sweet when you were mocking it up. actually the bulbs in there are "supposedly" 5000K as the kit i ordered came with the wrong bulbs. i had to get some replacements.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...