Anyone know of a Motorcycle Repair course in Columbus?

prakthad

I remember hearing (in Kansas) that a lot of local school run evening/weekend courses in Motorcycle Repair. Has anyone heard of any courses in Columbus?

The only other way to learn would be on my own motorcycle but it would take years and some bad mishaps before I look at any actual internals.

A lot of people on this forum really do know a lot about motorcycles and, if it's possible, I would love to come watch and learn when someone is working on their motorcycle.

Beer in return for lessons :) ?

Nothing in columbus is going to have the technical detail and knowldege that your are looking for.. They are mainly entry level courses that wouldn't neccasarily be worth a damn! You are going to have to head out west to the institute if you want the knowledge to work on internals!

You're best bet is probably really going to spend $500 on a POS and start learning. Try to find as much info as you can about the bike and start working on it.

It just so happens I have an '81 Honda CM400E that needs some work done to it. I've been debating on tearing it down and rebuilding it or...not.

Ask advice from the folks here.

No matter how much crap we sling at one another, there is a ton of respect for one another's ability to work on SOME part of a bike.

As long as you supply the food/beer/parts, there's usually someone here willing to help, or they know someone who can be trusted to do the work.

• 12 years later...

I would like to learn basic motorcycle maintenance on my bike. Are there groups that get together to have causal classes on the topic? I understand that COVID 19 may have changed the protocols but I would love to learn with others (even if now it's via video). I'm scared to mess with my bike, it's leaking something and I'm clueless and would love to ride again.

PS. Groveport, OH area or nearby.

38 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Youtube is your friend. 

Agree - YouTube is an amazing resource on near any "fix it" situation.

I like to search to see if anybody has done a certain job before jumping in myself.

Amazon and YouTube - masters of time suckage...😀

6 hours ago, Cheryl said:

I would like to learn basic motorcycle maintenance on my bike. Are there groups that get together to have causal classes on the topic? I understand that COVID 19 may have changed the protocols but I would love to learn with others (even if now it's via video). I'm scared to mess with my bike, it's leaking something and I'm clueless and would love to ride again.

PS. Groveport, OH area or nearby.

Start a new thread about the issue, add pics. Plenty of people here will help point you in the right direction on what to check and what the something is.

Good luck

• Upvote 2

Sounds like a clutch push rod seal seeping.😁 Invites us all to a garage day at your place serving endless food and drinks and I am sure someone will fix your bike.

P.S. Warn your community. :busa:

• Haha 3