Riding and off roading around columbus? Anywhere good?

Hcstreetriding

construction sites. there are about 15 million of them in franklin county :p

seriously though, i think there is a place up near marysville or something but i cant think of it exactly... you can ride in wayne natl forest, but thats about an hour away. i dont have a dirtbike or a quad though, so im definitely not an authority on good off roading places.

try to make friends with some farmers or someone who has lots of land :)

We go up to lowes on south high st all the time ,just becarful where you park!!

We are going to wayne sunday ............Pretty good size group ,if everyone shows!!

PM me if you want to go,and get a wayne pass at HNW or pony 1 day is 12 whole year is 40 "I think"Its a good time even w/ a broken wrist!!

• 6 months later...

Uh, sorta a ditto re: Kawi Kid....'cept in Holmes, ya just ride around...back roads and you can be gone for hours on end and not be on pavement....and you thought it was just paved twisties! Oh yeah, old strip mines, but then that'd be trespassing and the lil' jeeps would have to get on and look at the highwall before deciding whether to venture down with front hubs locked....me I don't even get out of dry pavement setting...but then I live around here, and if I was to be a hooligan on some old strip mine, somewhere!

AEP has an off road place of reclaimed land...check with them. Not sure exactly, but heard folks discussing it! Otherwise you'd be callin' a towtruck to pull yer full sized Bronco out of the "Crik". Shoulda pulled the carpet first DUDE! HA!!!

• 4 weeks later...

There are not very many good places near c-bus, I used to off-road with my jeep at every construction site and dirt road i could find...painted rock is good, but far east on the Ohio river, wellsville is the best, but rumor has it that it closed down or now you have to find a way in or pay for it. It sucks because jeeps aren't allowed in waynesville or any place like it. Many spots are kept secret, at least in the jeeper community, and you need an invite to get to the place.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Wellsville is east of canton at the PA state line. It is very far away and not worth the drive from Columbus. The last time I was there, it was very hard finding a place to park and the locals were getting peoples trucks towed.

Wellsville is east of canton at the PA state line. It is very far away and not worth the drive from Columbus. The last time I was there, it was very hard finding a place to park and the locals were getting peoples trucks towed.

yea...looked it up....agree with ya@@@@

Yeah, I've been to Wellsville before wtih my JEEP and it is fun,but was hard to find.

I've heard that BeaveRun Motorsports has an offroad area around the race track... anyone ever try that out before? Everytime I got there to race, I see muddy Jeeps and trucks driving out of there and they all say it is a good time