Suspension/tire wear question

durk

19 hours ago, Tonik said:

Another option is to use the tire money to finance a wing. Here is 5k on the Dunlop Elite 4s rear. It will go 15. If you want the softer factory Bridgestones you will get 10.

I adjust my preload with a button. Damping can be done while moving.

20210710_130351.jpg

I’m one of those guys that wants a new Wing. I’m too cheap to purchase a high end shock, however, so I don’t see me financing $28,300 for a new bike. 

2 hours ago, durk said:

I’m one of those guys that wants a new Wing. I’m too cheap to purchase a high end shock, however, so I don’t see me financing $28,300 for a new bike. 

Yea, got mine new for low 20's and I had to think about that for a bit too, so I get it.

20k with low miles. Best you are going to do during these times. Surprised it is still for sale.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2019-Honda-GOLD-WING-1800-TOUR-5017079620

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

I still haven't seen where you measured sag.  That's the 1st thing you need for suspension adjustment.  If my 800 lb/in Eibach (8 x 2.25) will help I'll give it to you.

If you want to concede that you'll buy a lots of rear tires, that's cool too.  Just trying to help...

14 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

I still haven't seen where you measured sag.  That's the 1st thing you need for suspension adjustment.  If my 800 lb/in Eibach (8 x 2.25) will help I'll give it to you.

If you want to concede that you'll buy a lots of rear tires, that's cool too.  Just trying to help...

I haven’t measured sag yet. I need to find some time and get a second set of hands. I need to do my research to figure out if your spring will even work. I got home Thursday and left Friday morning for a 6 hour trip to New York in the car. Then returned last night at 10pm. So I haven’t had time to look at the bike. Sorry I didn’t respond prior. I was trying to gather other’s thoughts. Once I get my ducks in a row I’ll get back to you. Thanks for the offer. It’s very kind of you. 

Took the time to set the sag today for just me. Plenty of enough there to get it set correctly for just me. Did some research as well on dampening. I was definitely going the wrong way. I backed the screw off to just above factory. We’ll see if that helps in the future. Thanks for everyone’s input. @MSerfozo it seems as though I probably won’t need that spring. With the bike set for just me I still have quite a bit of adjustment I can add for a passenger. Thanks again for the offer. 

• Upvote 1

LOL honestly man.... that doesnt look too bad for how heavy of a bike and how you fling it around. I doubt you're going to be able to clean that up completely if you keep riding at pace loaded down/ riding that bike.

Stop riding so hard if you don't want to see this happen to your rear tire - that's my advice. The faster you go the more rubber you'll use. Simple math.

• 1 month later...