FJR vs Concours

Scruit

11 hours ago, Connie14 said:

If the offer still stands, I would like to take your bike for a spin some time. 

Of course, as long as we are clear it is not my fault if you ride it and then go buy one 4 days later.

I could meet you in the middle this afternoon of you want. Tomorrow I will be down by the river in SEO. You can meet me there. Don't know the route yet other than 556..and will be coming down 93 and 83 then probably across 78.

Next weekend is a holiday and I am pretty opposed to riding on holiday weekends.

Most of weekends are pretty flexible.

I also have unlimited time off at work, so with a bit warning can blow a weekday off. Depends on meetings that day.

Edited by Tonik

12 hours ago, Tonik said:

Of course, as long as we are clear it is not my fault if you ride it and then go buy one 4 days later.

I could meet you in the middle this afternoon of you want. Tomorrow I will be down by the river in SEO. You can meet me there. Don't know the route yet other than 556..and will be coming down 93 and 83 then probably across 78.

Next weekend is a holiday and I am pretty opposed to riding on holiday weekends.

Most of weekends are pretty flexible.

I also have unlimited time off at work, so with a bit warning can blow a weekday off. Depends on meetings that day.

Thanks!  I've got my daughters' season ending softball tournament this weekend. 

@Scruit I will be listing my 2016 A for sale soon. That's the "base" version without all of the electronic handling features that make maintenance and longevity a pain. It still has all of the other nice things, ABS, cruise, heated grips, all LED lights - and other things that I don't often think of. The transmission recall was done and they replaced the clutch which started slipping after the recall work. 

I'm in Parkersburg WV so you're probably not that close, but let me know if you might pass by and would like to take it for a spin.

Why am I selling it? Well, I bought it in the hope that the wife would do more riding with me. Her knees were bothering her when she rode pillion on my FZ6 - which has crazy sport bike ergos for the passenger. But lately she hasn't wanted to go riding and agreed that I should sell it. I'm going to be cleaning her up from a trip to Canaan Valley two weeks ago, then posting. My price won't be exceptionally low, but I'm planning to also offer a stripped version without all the added extras: Shad top case, crash guards, passenger peg extenders.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 7:59 PM, Tonik said:

Very low. Look at the engine compared to the axles. Very low. The tank is mostly under the seat and goes more down than back. The other thing they did was the double wish bone suspension. It's purpose is to create a suspension where the wheel moves mostly straight up and down. That allowed them to move the engine forward a great deal. That helps balance and makes it handle far more sporty. It also means no triple t or forks that come all the way up. Less top weight.

There are three kinds of street motorcyclists these days.

Those that have a new wing.

Those that want a new wing.

Those that have not realized yet they want a new wing.

I am quickly falling into those that want a new wing category. The ST is soon to be on her way to a new owner and the Mrs. really enjoyed the rides we did on the Multi last year. We've sat on a wing a few times and it feels so nice. She enjoys the Multi but really liked the extra room on the wing. 

• Beer 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 2015 FJR1300 I've had for 3 year I'm likely looking to sell if you still haven't gotten one or made a decision yet and considering used at all.

I like it quite well, just haven't done enough long distance riding to justify it anymore and picked up a track bike, so more interested in that type of riding now and will possibly be moving and can only take 2 bikes with me (919 is definitely going, as well as the R1).

Never ridden the Concours, but I looked into both and for the most part people seemed to favor the FJR in most aspects aside from power and it's not much of a difference. Cruise control is a huge advantage, plus the FJR has a bigger fuel tank.

On 6/25/2021 at 7:59 PM, Tonik said:

Very low. Look at the engine compared to the axles. Very low. The tank is mostly under the seat and goes more down than back. The other thing they did was the double wish bone suspension. It's purpose is to create a suspension where the wheel moves mostly straight up and down. That allowed them to move the engine forward a great deal. That helps balance and makes it handle far more sporty. It also means no triple t or forks that come all the way up. Less top weight.

There are three kinds of street motorcyclists these days.

Those that have a new wing.

Those that want a new wing.

Those that have not realized yet they want a new wing.

What year did they make these changes?  I've been eyeing wings for a while now.

1 minute ago, Ron505 said:

What year did they make these changes?  I've been eyeing wings for a while now.

18 and 19 are the same.

20 has fog lights standard and some other minor changes.

21 same as 20 with a bigger trunk.

• Beer 2