Jump to content

A timeline of events that led to a new bike (aka Pauly is a good influence)


Likwid

Recommended Posts

It was Friday the 11th and I had no plans for the weekend, a friend asked if I wanted to go play 9 holes after work... Hell yes I do. 

 

As I tee off I get a text from who else but @Pauly. "Riding tomorrow. Wanna?" 

Why yes, yes I wanna. 

 

We meet at, where else, but the Bolivar DQ the next morning and set off on a little adventure, after our 2nd gas stop (because the VROD only can go ~90-100 miles per tank) I get the "wanna ride the GSA?" 

Why yes, yes I wanna. 

 

We meet up at the Fuel Mart (where we ran into the ORDN crew on their ride as well as @Uncle Punk on his way down south) I get off Pauly's GSA and as soon as Pauly arrives on my vrod this exchange happens.

Pauly: What'd you think? 

Me: That thing is fucking awesome 

Pauly: You should sell that piece of shit vrod and get an R1200

Me: shit man.... 

 

That very evening Pauly sends me 3 links to different RTs and GSs for sale.... Within a week I had an offer from Kissell Motorsports in Tyrone, PA on my VRod and they had a great condition RT that made it an even trade (I actually made out on the deal). 

 

Today we went and dropped off Scarlett and picked up my 2008 BMW R1200 RT. 

 

It was an eventful 2 weeks. The ride home already proved just how amazing the R1200 RT is (and the ride there proved just how miserable the VRod is for anything other than poker runs and bar hopping). 

 

She was a good bike and had her time with me, now I've got a new hotness. 

 

Pics or it didn't happen. 

 

Cheers @Pauly

Attach0(1).jpg

Attach0.jpg

20210622_122819.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Likwid said:

lol! I think the R1200 is more my style

When you ride mine you will change your mind. Ask Pauly, he road mine for an hour. Three days later I was driving his ass to Chicago to pick one up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are really hard to get right now and are selling for full list plus. Mine is an 18, I could sell it now for more than I paid for it. It's crazy out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tonik said:

When you ride mine you will change your mind. Ask Pauly, he road mine for an hour. Three days later I was driving his ass to Chicago to pick one up.

LIAR!! 

It was 4 days and damn near Wisconsin. :lol:

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

They are really hard to get right now and are selling for full list plus. Mine is an 18, I could sell it now for more than I paid for it. It's crazy out there.

I am hopeful the used market will flood with Covid-boredom purchase motorcycles by the time we are ready for another. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Howabusa said:

Sport touring is the way to go, not everybody wants a Wing. 

Believe it or not, the newest iteration of the GW is a sport tourer.  A big heavy one, but it rides way lighter than it should.

  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Believe it or not, the newest iteration of the GW is a sport tourer.  A big heavy one, but it rides way lighter than it should.

Yep. If it had another inch of ground clearance it would be damn near perfect for sport touring. The pegs touch down on the regular under fastish spirited corners. Not an issue for the most part and it's fairly predictable. More of a nuisance than anything. 

I still hold fast to the belief that it's begging for shift-assist. It would be phenomenally adept at chasing down CBRs if it had that ace up its sleeve. I wonder if Honda thinks such a setup would hurt DCT sales? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations! No more scraping parts when riding at a brisk pace.

Riding a GSA will make a believer out of anyone, I anticipate owning one someday. Hoping for the rumors of BMW putting a triple in them with some horsepower to compete with the KTM and Ducati, if that happens I will be an early adopter.

Our ride down south turned out perfect, 1,260 miles for the three day weekend and it seemed to be raining where we weren't. Didn't get to try out the new Klim rain gear. No tickets, close calls or breakdowns.

The guys I was with rode through a roadside car wash where a waterfall comes over a cliff beside the road and were surprise by how cold the water was but they rode through it on the way back. We rode up and down the five mile dirt/gravel road to hike up Birch Knob Tower to see supposedly five states from where we were standing. 

Got to try our skills out against the squids hanging out on 421, had trouble passing a Kia Sportage and Chevy Cruze, those locals can hustle through the backroads. Ate some decent meals in Tazewell, VA where we stayed Saturday and Sunday night.

 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Casper said:

Nice bike! 

Thanks Ghosty :) Now I could actually ride down to CBus and not need 4 stops

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

ohhhh NOW you finally get rid of the VROD for a sportier bike. Congrats man, hell of a nice swap

Thanks, it was clearly time! It's not quite "a veeefarr" but I think I made a good swap.

58 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Congratulations! No more scraping parts when riding at a brisk pace.

Riding a GSA will make a believer out of anyone, I anticipate owning one someday. Hoping for the rumors of BMW putting a triple in them with some horsepower to compete with the KTM and Ducati, if that happens I will be an early adopter.

Our ride down south turned out perfect, 1,260 miles for the three day weekend and it seemed to be raining where we weren't. Didn't get to try out the new Klim rain gear. No tickets, close calls or breakdowns.

The guys I was with rode through a roadside car wash where a waterfall comes over a cliff beside the road and were surprise by how cold the water was but they rode through it on the way back. We rode up and down the five mile dirt/gravel road to hike up Birch Knob Tower to see supposedly five states from where we were standing. 

Got to try our skills out against the squids hanging out on 421, had trouble passing a Kia Sportage and Chevy Cruze, those locals can hustle through the backroads. Ate some decent meals in Tazewell, VA where we stayed Saturday and Sunday night.

 

Glad you had a good ride down! It was good to see you, it's been a long time. Locals are crazy, I remember on one gap trip some dude in a random ass convertible came FLYING through a turn and yelled out to us "Take a look at who I just passed!!!" and 30 seconds later a bunch of super sports come zipping by, locals be crazy man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...