Hello from NW Ohio

ST-Traveler

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but not new to riding - I have a 2007 Honda ST1300 (I purchased new back in 2008)and have put all 154,xxx miles on the odometer. I have traveled many places all over the country to get that many miles with many smiles.

At a the tender age of 14 my mother let me have a (used) street Yamaha 350 - 2 cycle. Man at that age the bike flew.. Had to add 2 cycle oil to a separate tank and the bike mixed it as it was consuming fuel. Then later ( at 16) my dad helped me purchase a 1980 Yamaha 400 special -- Brand new-- I had a job and had to pay for it but he helped me get it, and he took care of the insurance for me.  I put many miles on it until I got married --- 

My other bikes have been New-Honda V-45 magna,  Used-Honda VLX 600 and now my ST1300. 

I  retired from Honda of America about a year ago--- after 34 years of service so now I can take riding seriously  LOL...

Edited by ST-Traveler

Welcome. Congrats on retirement. What did you do at Honda? 

Like your prents, I was pro-moto. I put my boy on a dirtbike at age 5 and he rode them as a teenager. I bought him a Ninja250 a few years ago and it didn't stick with him. Had planned on upgrading him to something a little more zoomy but he decided streetbikes arent his bag. I'm ok with that, if I may be honest. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...