May 30 Spicy Pickle Ride

Pauly

Sunday, May 30!! 

I am planning on zooming my way to Hickory House, in Weston WV this Saturday. I will leave my house by 7am. I am open to adjust my standard route to accommodate anyone looking to join me. I can stop in Bolivar at 7:30, Cadiz at 9:00 or New Martinsville at 10:00. I will  take a sanely-spirited pace there and back and will be shooting for a noon arrival in Weston. 

This will be a fun ride and the food is pretty tasty. Amanda wants spicy pickles so I am determined to bring some home for dinner. The route will be twisty and the rest stops short and infrequent. I plan to keep the pace below incarcerable speed so if you are concerned about that... don't sweat it. 

I will not be stopping at any of the aforementioned towns if I do not have confirmation that anybody wants picked up along the way. Don't expect me to be there if you don't chime in and let me know you are coming. However, if you want to zoom around all day on bendy roads and enjoy some tasty vittles... hit me up. 

https://www.lovehickoryhouse.com/

Edited by Pauly
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tonik said:

And I am doing Grandpa stuff all weekend.

There will be more weekends. I drive to Richmond on Thursday and dont come home until the following week. The next weekend is Albuquerque for seven days. Got to get my seat time in before work consumes my summer, again. 

18 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Pauly, That has to be one of the nicest post I have read from you in my short time here on O.R. 😀

Enjoy your Gerkin.😋

Yeah.. I was pretty stressed out last year. Hoping to keep this positive 'tude on the pipe for a while. Take it easy, B. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

....and a quick look at the forecast has me backpedaling on this weekend. I will wait until the last minute to cancel. 

I was wondering about that. It's not a good weather weekend.

I’d be interested, but the wife has me on sonogram duty for her cows tomorrow morning. Vet is coming out to make sure they’re prego. 

42 minutes ago, durk said:

I’d be interested, but the wife has me on sonogram duty for her cows tomorrow morning. Vet is coming out to make sure they’re prego. 

Just cram your arm in there and check yourself. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I did that in FFA back in Jr.high. It helped framed my young understanding of the VaVa. I wasn't a farmer but they let me cut grass at the school on a riding lawn mower for credit. I think we hacked off some baby pig nuts also. Wife and I are riding to Fredricksburg, VA. on Sunday with a return on Tues for our Holiday ride.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Just cram your arm in there and check yourself. 

I’m not sure how to do that. You can  come show me how. Maybe you can get @B-Mac to assist since he has experience. 

Amanda can show you. 

Edit: I realize this comment might be construed as inappropriate in nature without context. She is in vet tech school and eager to earn her VDM. She is aiming to land a gig taking care of cows and livestock. Kitties and puppies just aren't her bag, baby. 

Edited by Pauly
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Pauly changed the title to May 30 Spicy Pickle Ride

We will be going by Weston WV. on US.119 on Sunday. We might jump up on US.19 and have some BBQ for lunch.😃

It's about half way to our overnight destination in Harrisburg, VA.

• Upvote 1

I am still planning to ride on Sunday. Anybody that wants to tag along is welcome to meet me at the DQ/Marathon station at Exit 93 off I-77 in Bolivar at 7:30am. I will be rolling south to meet another rider at the intersection of 83/93 by 9:00am. Lunch stop is planned for the bottom of 800 at Riverview Diner, in Fly, OH. We will be taking all the twisty roads to get there. 

8 hours ago, durk said:

Here is my tentative route. I'm riding the Concours so I'm guessing/planning I'll be slower. 

Looks like fun! I'm ended up planning to lead a small group down the loop past the muskie. Leaving out of Canton @ 8:30 pace will be more subdued compared to the OR pace.  We may pass each other down in the 26 area.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Muckles said:

Looks like fun! I'm ended up planning to lead a small group down the loop past the muskie. Leaving out of Canton @ 8:30 pace will be more subdued compared to the OR pace.  We may pass each other down in the 26 area.

83 just south of New Concord may be closed. I rode through there last week and they had the signs blocking the road and equipment offloaded. Not sure what they had planned or if it is finished. Just a heads up. Maybe @Killer_kaw can expound for us? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pauly said:

83 just south of New Concord may be closed. I rode through there last week and they had the signs blocking the road and equipment offloaded. Not sure what they had planned or if it is finished. Just a heads up. Maybe @Killer_kaw can expound for us? 

I guess I find out tomorrow, @pauly your more than welcome to meet up tomorrow.

I'll send you my cell in a DM but I'm starting at 8:30 in Canton. Means I'm leaving my place at 7am.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1i9hBvfPuwmLc3qtd1SHEWEI7AAMM14gq&usp=sharing