bike 2006 Triumph Daytona 675, cosmetic damage, maybe for a track bike

Short version: Looking to see if someone might be interested in a quick purchase of my 2006 Daytona 675, maybe for a track bike.

Sad story version: I did a stupid thing and had a low-speed lowside on my Daytona, which was the only thing I'd ever owned and managed to keep in pristine condition, so I'm a little heartbroken and a lot pissed at myself. The complicating factor is that I'm in the process of moving and I need to be gone in a week. So I'm going to either have to store the bike here and figure out how to fix the cosmetic damage later, but I also thought I'd put it up here in case someone wants it as is as a track bike, and then I won't have to move it. A sale would have to take place in the next week before I leave.

Four of the six pieces of plastic got some rash, as well as the right side engine case. Naturally there's a gouge in the tank where it sticks out like a wing above the knee cutouts. I rode it home. The frame was untouched and the bike runs same as before. 

The only part that would have to be replaced to ride it would be the brake pedal.

Details on the bike:

• 2006 Tornado Red Daytona 675 which I bought barely used in 2007.
  • That means no ABS or TC, just a sweet-handling bike.
  • Mechanically stock except I removed the valve in the exhaust system when it malfunctioned, as most of them eventually do. It's just there to pass the noise test with the EPA and does not affect performance.
  • Currently has 22,697 miles so it would be due for a valve inspection at 24,000.
  • HeliBars clip-ons currently on the bike. I have the stock clip-ons to go with it.
  • Recall on the regulator/rectifier was done.
  • Always Mobil MX-4T oil.
  • I used this bike for back road rides and maybe 10 track days over the years.

Asking $3,000. Call or text 614 239 8159.

Daytona15May2021a.jpg

Daytona15May2021b.jpg

Daytona15May2021c.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Strictly Street
      100 MPH in 2nd gear and 3 more gears!! Only $1000 for OR peeps
      Yes that's right my friends this absolutely classic go-fast can be yours. For a mere few dollars you too can be seen as the envy of the motorcycle community! Your significant other will see you with more respect! Your friends will take off their hats when you are around!
      Friends, you could pay more for less!
      This is a bike that will do the twisties as fast as your skills will let it. No butt-hurt on the super-slab with the Corbin seat. 8+ hours in 1 day personally tested just to make sure.
      Friends this bike comes with free wind in your face and air in every tire!
      (Medical issue otherwise I'd keep it)
      Specs:
      1984 Gpz 750 (ZX 750A2)
      60,000 ~ miles
      Class     Sport/Touring bike
      Saddle Bags
      Corbin Seat
      Full Headers with a Yoshi Can - voted best sounding bike on great ride by people I passed
      Stainless Brake lines
      Engine     738cc, 4-stroke, transverse 4-cylinder, air-cooled, DOHC, 2 valve per cylinder
      Power     92 hp 67.2 KW / 9000 rpm - Yes thats  right 90+ HP!
      Torque     6.5 kg-m @ 7000 rpm
      Ignition type     Electronic
      Transmission     5-speed
      Uni-Trac rear suspension
      Dual Disc (front)
      Single Disc (rear)
      Tires     Tubeless
      110/80-16 (front)
      130/80-18 (rear)
      Wheelbase     1500 mm
      Dimensions     L 2185 mm
      W 775 mm
      Seat height     780 mm
      Weight     241 kg (531 lbs) (wet)
      Spark plugs
      NKG B9ES - 2611 gap .7 - .8 mm (.29in)
      NGK B8ES - 5722 (removable nipple) NKG connectors
      Clean title in hand
      Box-O-Parts included
      Weather proof Cover included
      Major work was done by Hoblick so you know it was done correctly.
      * Forks rebuilt with bypass plate
      * Head Gasket
      * New chain
      The Bad: Fuel spill on tank, needs touch up paint. I do have original paint to do it with so it will be a perfect match. Included with Box-O-parts. Will need tires soon Avon Road-Riders on it now, rear is showing wear.

• By FastEddie
      ~27K well cared for miles. Purchased about 5 yrs ago from Motohio with 6K mi.  Smooth, torquey V4 with controllable power everywhere. Well maintained, Castrol 4T full synthetic oil change just completed. New spark plugs! Michelin Roadsmart tires ($$) have two seasons on them. Helibars make it even more comfortable than stock. Dekelvic slip-on exhaust sounds amazing and looks even better (and saves close to 15 lbs. over the stock system). Two OEM/stock under seat exhaust systems go with the sale if you want them. ZeroGravity double-bubble screen provides a bit more protection. Grove City/Commercial Point area on SR 104 at Franklin-Pickaway County Line.  $3950. Ed 614-747-0545 text/call

• By waynesworld
      2009 FJR1300AE in great condition. Only 18,xxx miles. Electronic clutch model which is no longer imported into the US. This electronic clutch with the paddle shifters is my favorite thing about the motorcycle. Dunlop Roadsmart 3 tires new in late 2019 with less than 1,000 miles on them. Oil and filter changed at same time with full synthetic. National Cycle windscreen (original included also) is taller than original. 
      This bike has the electronic adjustable windshield and ABS. It has a battery tender connection. The color is metallic titanium and is very pretty. This is a wonderful sport touring motorcycle  I just don't ride enough to keep it. 
      Full specs and write up here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2009models/2009-Yamaha-FJR1300AE
      FJR FJR1300 FJR1300AE AE Sport Touring Yamaha FJR 1300

• By Casper
      2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring w/8900 miles
      $13,500 obo
      My favorite bike I’ve ever owned, hands down. 
      Cruise control, heated grips, GPS dash mount with power. 
      Antilock brakes, wheelie control, etc. 
      Four preset but customizable riding modes: sport, touring, urban, and enduro. 
      Full touring pack with side and top cases, including liners. 
      Garmin Zumo XT navigation. 
      Givi tanklock tankbag. 
      Michelin PR5 tires. 
      Always garaged. 
      Only scratches are on the side cases from the previous owner. 
      I also have leather Alpinestars jackets (42 and 44), Alpinestars Atem suit (44), boots, helmets, gloves, etc for sale that we could work into a deal.

• By Bubba
      2013 Ducati Hyperstrada 821, ABS/TC/3 ride modes, approx 16K miles, factory luggage, center stand, Ducati tank bag. Includes Pitbull rear stand with 2 axle pins. New tires, belts done and many recent expensive new parts.  Yes, there's a story here....   In the interest of full disclosure, I bought this last spring from Pauly and have actually put fewer miles on it than it traveled in my trailer to/from Commonwealth Ducati in Louisville.  Took it for my first ride and BOOM....the ECU crapped out literally 2 miles from home. Turned out there was an open recall that neither Pauly nor the previous selling dealer had completed which fried the ECU and the TFT dash.   PLEASE NOTE!!!  I am not ascribing blame to Pauly, nor do I think he intentionally or knowingly sold a pig in a poke.  Sometimes, life hands out shit sandwiches when dabbling in used vehicles...especially those manufactured in a country with a tri-color flag.  He actually stepped up and offered to help cover some of the repair costs (I declined the offer) so....solid guy.   Commonwealth completed the recall which involved replacing all the coil packs and luckily for me, Ducati NA stepped up and comped the expensive parts to the tune of more than $3000. I paid another grand for new coil packs and sundry labor charges.  Bottom line, all is good with the bike (according to Commonwealth) but I have little love lost for this gorgeous lady....she has to go. If you think you're emotionally strong enough to suffer the slings and arrows of tumultuous love and favor all things Italian, this deal is calling your name.   KBB Trade-in/Retail: $4550/$6600 NADA Retail Low/High: $5025/$6610   Honest Review: https://www.rideapart.com/reviews/255014/rideapart-review-2013-ducati-hyperstrada/