I am definitely not the fastest sport bike rider in Ohio

KrabbiePaddy

Hey everyone!

I ride a 1997 Viffer, and I've only been riding for about a year now. I'm looking to do some safe, fun sport riding, and work up the confidence in my skills to get on the track!

I live down in Cincinnati and ride every chance I get. Currently my bike is tore apart in the garage, so I'm going through some significant moto withdrawals.....

Pretty easy going guy, looking for like minded people, and maybe a salty dog or two who can teach me their old tricks hahaha 

20210306_150543.jpg

48 minutes ago, RymerC said:

trick #1- have a backup bike

welcome to the site, the older VFRs sound really neat

If you listen reeeeeeally hard it sounds like an Judd V-8 *sometimes*

I'm working on finding a backup bike right now, and I've convinced my girlfriend that it'll be "her" bike ;)

37 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Love the VFR. Classic street bike perfection. 

Trick #2: Confidence is a byproduct of track days. Not the other way around. Get your gear and get out there. 

Welcome. 

Thank you, I've been recovering mine from a pit of neglect, and quickly fallen in love with it. I was cheap buying it, and have paid for it since..

To be honest, riding on the track is really intimidating for me.. But there is only one way to get over it...

Hey VFR guy... I had a '95 just like yours and rode the piss out of it, Pennsylvania to Georgia... awesome bike...

And now I have a much modified '98 5th gen...... have had some form of VFRs for 20 years........yup, I'm addicted...

Cincinnati? We prob could meet up sometime........

Edited by mello dude

15 hours ago, KrabbiePaddy said:

If you listen reeeeeeally hard it sounds like an Judd V-8 *sometimes*

I'm working on finding a backup bike right now, and I've convinced my girlfriend that it'll be "her" bike ;)

Thank you, I've been recovering mine from a pit of neglect, and quickly fallen in love with it. I was cheap buying it, and have paid for it since..

To be honest, riding on the track is really intimidating for me.. But there is only one way to get over it...

If you use the right track school your intimidation will morph into inspiration and confidence. There are several quality individuals on this site with loads of track experience willing to share all of it with you. Keep your head straight and your attitude in check and you will benefit immensely from their knowledge. 

I suggest you introduce yourself in the track forum. That will give you the most exposure with those hooligans.