Ammo prices

Howabusa

31 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

The latest flyer from Vance has 9 mm rounds for $29.99 for fifty! I am sitting on a fortune in 9 mms.

The sad part is that the price dropped a little bit from 2-3 weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

Sold all my 380 to a coworker. He said name your price. I did, thought it was high he paid it without hesitation. 500 rounds for 3 times what i paid for it many years ago. He said you just can't find it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

The latest flyer from Vance has 9 mm rounds for $29.99 for fifty! I am sitting on a fortune in 9 mms.

Are manufacturers raising prices or is vance is price gouging? Is the co-worker well off enough that access is worth more than $?

Edited by motocat12

If you think Vances prices are high, check out Fin Feather’s web site.  They were selling 9mm for $39 a box (50) recently, and 223/556 was $19.99 for a box of 20.   🙄

Cabellas prices haven’t changed but they never have any stock. 

Edited by Wahoo

On 4/3/2021 at 10:31 PM, motocat12 said:

Are manufacturers raising prices or is vance is price gouging? Is the co-worker well off enough that access is worth more than $?

I've heard of both. Manufacturers raising prices (because they can) and brick and mortar stores also raising prices (because they can).

The real trick right now is finding anything.

I think I saw 9mm for 0.80/round in the latest ads. I think it was 0.22 when I last bought mine lol...

Should have spent all money money on a house and ammo 3 years ago. RIP.

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

I kinda feel bad for anyone that has recently gotten into guns/shooting in the past 2-5 years or so.  I reload for pretty much everything in my collection but the 22lr/22magnum and haven't paid retail in over a decade.  I can't imagine how much worst it's going to get in the next few years as the bans continue to roll in from the government. 

19 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I kinda feel bad for anyone that has recently gotten into guns/shooting in the past 2-5 years or so.  I reload for pretty much everything in my collection but the 22lr/22magnum and haven't paid retail in over a decade.  I can't imagine how much worst it's going to get in the next few years as the attempted bans continue to roll in from the government. 

FTFY

• Thanks 1