My mom

Howabusa

My mom ended up having open heart surgery a few weeks ago. She made it through the surgery but she appears to have had a small stroke. She had some dementia before this. She has been in a nursing home for almost 3 weeks. Physically she is getting better, but her mind is gone! I went down to see her today. I now know that I can never have a real conversation with her again! Really sucks, we have always been close. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I need to rant about this! Mom is still in the nursing home and will be there till she passes. Sometimes when I go down to see her she is good and we have a nice visit. The next time it is not so good. I went down Wednesday to see her. When I got there she wasn’t in her room. They went and got her. As soon as she came into the room I could see that she was hysterical! I asked her what was wrong, she said everything and that my little brother had been there and that they had got into an argument! What the fuck! It took me over an hour to get mom calmed down. My brother is a total asshole that has driven almost everybody in his life away, even his only daughter. He is an alcoholic and a compulsive liar! I am not really a violent man, but!

Edited by Howabusa

We just got done having it out. He says that he isn’t going to see her anymore. Just really tired of it all! I have only talked about half of all the BS that I have been through with this whole thing.

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, Pauly said:

That sucks but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. It's sad that his response is to not see her versus growing the fuck up. Family sucks. 

Yep! He is truly fucked up and bitter about his life.