AlaskanCBR

Hey everyone, 

Just moved to the Dayton area and am dying to get my bike back out on the road. Hopefully the weather will start warming up really soo!

Because I am so new I don't know of any good places to ride in the area. Can anyone provide good routes and places to go?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, AlaskanCBR said:

Hey everyone, 

Just moved to the Dayton area and am dying to get my bike back out on the road. Hopefully the weather will start warming up really soo!

Because I am so new I don't know of any good places to ride in the area. Can anyone provide good routes and places to go?

Thanks

Hi - what locale do you live by? I'm near Miamisburg....

I ride a VFR for twistys fun, would be happy to show some local routes, mostly to the south and east.    C'mon spring!!

51 minutes ago, mello dude said:

Hi - what locale do you live by? I'm near Miamisburg....

I ride a VFR for twistys fun, would be happy to show some local routes, mostly to the south and east.    C'mon spring!!

Currently right next to WPAFB. 

That would be awesome as soon as it warms up a bit. 

And that's an awesome bike I had a buddy who had one and loved it. 

Edited by AlaskanCBR
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

As stated best roads in Ohio are south and southeast, although pretty good riding north of 70, east of Cambridge... US-250, 258, 164, 646, 151, 647 to name a few.  If your looking for something close to Dayton try OH-503, OH-121 (Wayne Lakes to New Paris), OH-350 (between OH-123 & US-22) 123 ain't bad either, as well as a few others.  Little stretch of OH-732 west of Eaton is a little twisty, can be a little congested till you get past Lakengren.  A few country roads out that way, Sugar Valley Road from 732 to Camden is one.  A ride down to Hueston Woods Covered Bridge is nice.  Some decent riding in Germantown area and south, cruise thru Germantown Metro Park.  On 123 east of Germantown before you get to Carlise are the UFO houses, they're pretty cool to see.  Also some decent county and township roads in that area, don't recall the names off top of my head.

Nice riding about an hour and half southeast of ya in Chillicothe and Hillsboro area. Brown and Adams counties has some nice roads too, OH-221 and Old 68 south of Georgetown are fun.  Almost any road going south to the River (Ohio) are twisty.

• Upvote 1