sharonville gun show

serpentracer

did anyone on here come down to cincy today?  just wondering if these shows are worth the admission price.  since  you can't even get deals at flea markets anymore.  although some guy was going to sell me a sar 9 pistol for $325.  I should have done it.  thing fit my hand like nothing else. 

I didn’t go to the gun show, but recently picked up a sar 9. I got it at a local gun shop for $349. It is my first gun. Bought it for home protection. I’ve only fired like 4 rounds through it. My daughter shot 6 rounds. 50 cents a round is costly. I noticed a big difference in the feel compared to the Hi-point I fired previously. I’m definitely a novice but I like it.  

26 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

It's short for sarsilmaz.  It seems like a nice gun.  Comes in a nice case with cleaning tools etc like a glock.

I got that. SARS-CoV-2 virus causes COVID-19

Sort of like people named isis back in 2014-15

Edited by motocat12

On 1/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, durk said:

I didn’t go to the gun show, but recently picked up a sar 9. I got it at a local gun shop for $349. It is my first gun. Bought it for home protection. I’ve only fired like 4 rounds through it. My daughter shot 6 rounds. 50 cents a round is costly. I noticed a big difference in the feel compared to the Hi-point I fired previously. I’m definitely a novice but I like it.  

Haha, my sling shot feels better than any hi-point 😉

• Upvote 1

I was at my uncle’s  and he was letting me fire some of his guns just to get a feel and get educated. It was what he had. I held the sar at the gun shop then mentioned a hi-point because I’m cheap remember. The owner handed me the High Point and I felt the difference immediately. Decided $150 extra was worth it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, durk said:

I was at my uncle’s  and he was letting me fire some of his guns just to get a feel and get educated. It was what he had. I held the sar at the gun shop then mentioned a hi-point because I’m cheap remember. The owner handed me the High Point and I felt the difference immediately. Decided $150 extra was worth it.

for a cheap 2nd gun try a taurus g2/g3

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, durk said:

Edited by B-Mac

I have a G3.  Can't find one legitimate negative review on youtube .  One guy tried by manipulating the slide and safety at the same time to make it appear the safety is on but it still shoots.  To me that's not a design or gun flaw.  His argument was moot because he owns a glock. They do not have a safety.  But he was all about the safety of the Taurus🤡

On 1/19/2021 at 7:19 AM, serpentracer said:

I have a G3.  Can't find one legitimate negative review on youtube .  One guy tried by manipulating the slide and safety at the same time to make it appear the safety is on but it still shoots.  To me that's not a design or gun flaw.  His argument was moot because he owns a glock. They do not have a safety.  But he was all about the safety of the Taurus🤡

Glocks have a safety but it is integrated into the trigger like many polymer handguns.

My 75 SP-01 Tactical doesnt have a safety, just a decocker. DA/SA.

Edited by TimTheAzn

On 1/20/2021 at 7:43 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Glocks have a safety but it is integrated into the trigger like many polymer handguns.

My 75 SP-01 Tactical doesnt have a safety, just a decocker. DA/SA.

well I know, my taurus G3 is the same way. but it also has a real lever safety.