the cost of a motorcycle tag?

serpentracer

what do you all pay to renew your stickers?  I didn't register my bike last year because I moved into a new house and all the covid crap etc.    I got told my motorcycle was going to be $81 to renew my tags.  WTF is going on?  then they gave me a god damn printed sheet of paper as a drivers license.   has ohio been taken over by special ed?

2 hours ago, mello dude said:

You could always go to the OhioDMV site and download the vehicle registration cost schedule.

Local taxes not included.  I was shocked at the tax rate where I moved to.  Needless to say, I will be moving in 4 years.  Just nee to build equity and I'm out of here 

• 4 weeks later...

Lemme throw out a scenario for spinning......

I am kinda considering buying a bike out west, then riding and visiting family in LA , then riding North to visit friends, family in Vancouver.....and head back east visiting others as I work my way back to Ohio..........

Registration wise, how do I pull it off? Temp tag? Out of state temp tag or?

36 minutes ago, mello dude said:

Lemme throw out a scenario for spinning......

I am kinda considering buying a bike out west, then riding and visiting family in LA , then riding North to visit friends, family in Vancouver.....and head back east visiting others as I work my way back to Ohio..........

Registration wise, how do I pull it off? Temp tag? Out of state temp tag or?

I did this in 2018.  Bought a bike in Dallas.  It worked out mainly because I had a bud there who helped me with the transaction.  Sent him a check, he bought and picked up the bike, mailed me the title and pics of the bike and the VIN.  Took those to a MC dealer here (who I have had several dealings with) to get the VIN verified for in-state inspection, then transferred the title into my name and bought an OH plate.  Put it on the bike before the ride, rode it to CA and then back across UT/CO/AZ/NM to home.  It obviously worked well because of the help I had with the out-of-state purchase.

FYI...avoid riding across west TX at all costs.  Truly the armpit of the US.  Far worse than Kansas.

Edited by Bubba
  • Upvote 1