My disappointing experience with Ruger

serpentracer

About a week ago I bought a new Ruger 556.  After about 2 mags through it I noticed when I cleared the the last round to pack up at the outdoor range the bcg  was very stiff when I pulled it back.  Then the bcg went forward but didn't close completely.  It became jammed.  So I had to force it closed with the forward assist so I could open the upper from the lower.  So we had to use a soft rod and mallet to get the bcg out of the upper.  Once out we also had to do the same thing to get the bolt out of the carrier.  Found one of the gas rings was half way out of the land in the bolt.  Seems kind of odd and chalked it up to a bad ring or someone rushed putting it together. Shit happens right?  Anyway, found a local store that has 1pc rings.  Put it in and everything seemed normal.  Went back to the range the next day without any hiccups.  Later that day I took the gun apart to inspect it some more.  Here's where it gets interesting.  The first thing I see is the buffer spring retainer pin is cut in half.  So I inspect the bcg.  The grove in its bottom is cut way off to the 7 I clock side instead of 6 o'clock. Whoever made this for ruger has shitty quality control and so does Ruger.  Also found out ruger has no warranty.  Buyers beware.  Ruger doesn't warranty their guns.  I have reached out to them and they want me to call them.  I'm just waiting till my vacation is over.  I already put a stag arms nickel boron bcg in it.  The rest of the gun seems fine.  I can't believe they're not inspecting the bcg on an AR.  This is the engine of this gun.  I really don't want to send the whole gun back to them.  Hopefully they'll see these pictures and just let me send them the old bcg and send me a replacement.  

IMG_20210104_151148886_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210104_150030481.jpg

IMG_20210101_184710966.jpg

CHRIS'S FAQS  https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO/

faqQuestion.gif Why don't you offer a lifetime warranty like other manufacturers? faqClose.gif
Unfortunately, the law in this area is complicated and varies widely. Rather than provide a written "lifetime warranty" followed by a lengthy disclaimer (which is what many manufacturers do), Ruger has elected not to provide a written warranty.
Regardless, we sincerely value our customers and work hard to treat them fairly. If you have a problem with your Ruger® firearm, reach out to our excellent customer service representatives and I believe you will be very pleased with the result. If not, let me know.

still not interested in sending it back.  I bought a new bolt carrier and checked the head space.    a new pin was $3.  it shoots just fine. chalk it up to bad luck on my part and never buy another Ruger. it should have never made it out of the factory. they're not checking the parts. if they didn't catch this then they're not even checking the build of the gun.  pretty dangerous of them.

Edited by serpentracer