Brake free

durk

What jumps out to me first is that it's another thing that I'd have to charge. I have a hard enough time keeping my Bluetooth headset charged before rides. @ $170 it's not cheap, but can you put a price on safety? I kind of feel the same way about the A* Tech-air  vests. I don't ride often at night so I'm not sure how much more visibility this would provide during the day. I just wonder how bright it is. Definitely interesting!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, durk said:

Seemed like a neat idea but I’m not necessarily sold on it. 

I understand the idea, but it falls short in the convincing department. Just another thing to deal with before a ride, which is how most of us try to decompress. The perceived margin of safety is anecdotal.  

• Upvote 2

I have brake lights in my top case which kinda puts extra lights back there in the same vicinity. As far as engine braking goes, when ever I'm in the mode doing speeds or the enviornment that require engine braking there shouldn't be anyone behind me that doesn't already understand what's going on. 

1 minute ago, 2talltim said:

As far as engine braking goes, when ever I'm in the mode doing speeds or the enviornment that require engine braking there shouldn't be anyone behind me that doesn't already understand what's going on. 

I had the same thoughts for the majority of my riding. I was thinking the idea of extra safety in towns/traffic could be a bonus. I also thought it might help the Mrs. feel safer about riding with me. She seems to be contemplating riding the Connie with me. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, durk said:

I had the same thoughts for the majority of my riding. I was thinking the idea of extra safety in towns/traffic could be a bonus. I also thought it might help the Mrs. feel safer about riding with me. She seems to be contemplating riding the Connie with me. 

What ever makes you and yours feel safer. I do understand the around town aspect. When I'm in traffic I watch my mirrors religiously and if I see some one come up behind me and it makes me uncomfortable I'm usually constantly flashing my brake lights at them. I put an aux flashing led bar on the back on my wife's Scout to get more attention.  It was like $20 on amazon and really gets your attention from behind, I used to have a video of it but cant seem to find it. 

Edited by 2talltim

2 hours ago, durk said:

I'm all for whatever gets the Mrs to come along. So if it would make her feel safer and enjoy the experience more, I'm all for it!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 10:37 AM, durk said:

She seems to be contemplating riding the Connie with me. 

:lol:funny story here. I took my wife for a ride on my Connie once. That was the last time she threw a leg over a bike. I thought we had fun though. :D

1 hour ago, Killer_kaw said:

:lol:funny story here. I took my wife for a ride on my Connie once. That was the last time she threw a leg over a bike. I thought we had fun though. :D

I know I will have to tone it way down for her to want to ride with me and I’m fine with that. She has ridden the cbr a time or 2 with me and I have taken it easy. Our daughters are 17 and 18. Soon it will just be the 2 of us. I prefer slowing it down on a motorcycle over any other options she may throw at me for hobbies for us to do. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, serpentracer said:

I don't see what makes it fit every helmet on the market.  is if soft and flexible?  there's a million different helmet shapes.  it doesn't even ask you what brand or make the helmet is.

Here’s what I found. 
Each Universal mount comes with 3M VHB already installed; one size fits most.