Smokey Mtn. 3day ADV ride

B-Mac

Heading down to ride the NE half of the Smokey Mountain 1000. I have done the original SM500 twice but need to do the NE 500 mile addition.

Starting in Erwin, TN. just south of Johnson City making my way SW to Franklin, TN. then heading back NE thru Asheville, NC. to the Forrest just east of Little Switzerland and Spruce Pine, NC.

Then I will finish off back over to Hampton, TN and Erwin. I will report back later.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great Ride yesterday. Made it to Franklin, NC on 80% forest Svc. roads and 20% curvy asphalt. left/right/up/down.. I have never turned so much.

253.4 mi. 7.5hrs move time. avg. speed 33.4  TS94.7  Total time 9:40

All roads had a lot of fall debris and the forest service road blind turns had P/U trucks and drop offs. Mentality tired at the end. Great Day. 

Looks like a little rain today.

100_0523.JPG

100_0524.JPG

100_0525.JPG

100_0526.JPG

100_0527.JPG

100_0528.JPG

100_0529.JPG

100_0530.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Great Ride yesterday. Made it to Franklin, NC on 80% forest Svc. roads and 20% curvy asphalt. left/right/up/down.. I have never turned so much.

253.4 mi. 7.5hrs move time. avg. speed 33.4  TS94.7  Total time 9:40

All roads had a lot of fall debris and the forest service road blind turns had P/U trucks and drop offs. Mentality tired at the end. Great Day. 

Looks like a little rain today.

I bet it gets cold at night.  A little rain can freeze in higher elevations, especially on an overpass.

Cold and wet Sunday morning in Franklin, NC. so I got a 9am start and routed a fast way east away from the weather. Arrived at the BR Prky. near Little Switz. around 11:30.
Sun was shinning and I had a coffee/snack and jumped on the route off the side of the top of the parkway. East side had sun shinning and 57deg. made for great conditions.
Ended up at Erwin at 5:30 and decided to load up and drive home. Arrived home at 10 pm. Had a great ride and am now working on a trip video.
Stats: 237miles Move avg: 42.7 TS:96 Move time 5:30 Total time: 6:26

BR Prky.JPG

BR.Forest svc..JPG

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...