Spectrum lack of customer service

snot

Need a competitor for spectrum around here.

Due to working from home I must have fast, reliable, great internet service. However, spectrum is all we have. We do have any old TWC bundle that they cannot beat the price on, so we are stuck. 

Our cable box was dying so we exchanged our box. They gave us a Spectrum box, it looks the same but will not work with our package.

And.... When I tried to exchange the box i was told I was not on the account as an authorized user. I offered to show them where I am online. Apparently, online is not the same as in store and my other half has to call them on the 800fucknwait30min line to have me added....really!?

I would drop our package but I need the internet and cannot afford disrupted service. Not to mention it is cheaper than alternatives around here.

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I gave up on TWC and Spectrum modem boxes and bought my own modem,  havent had any issues since. Not sure if your issue is the boxes themselves or the service into your home but buying my own modem fixed my issues. Plus I no longer have to pay the modem rental fee. I have 100MB service that usually clocks around 115 download and 16 upload. My service is 7 miles out of town in the country and it never fails.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I gave up on TWC and Spectrum modem boxes and bought my own modem,  havent had any issues since. Not sure if your issue is the boxes themselves or the service into your home but buying my own modem fixed my issues. Plus I no longer have to pay the modem rental fee. I have 100MB service that usually clocks around 115 download and 16 upload. My service is 7 miles out of town in the country and it never fails.

I heard the same thing, modems are junk and if you buy your own it fixes the problem.

Spectrum is all in the modem. Buy your own and you'll minimize the issues. People in my city complain to high heaven about their service and every time its because they are renting the shit modems from Spectrum

I had many issues in the past, I finally was like send someone out here as they didn't believe me. I will pay for it if I am wrong I said...They ended up running a new line and ever since it has been perfect. I use my own modem and router, get around 115 pretty consistently. Dealing with customer service the last time when I needed to renegotiate my contract went better then expected actually. All communications companies are a pain to deal with generally speaking.