Birthday Gap Trip

Howabusa

Planning on leaving Wednesday morning and heading to the Gap. Weather looks good. I have a few roads that I really want to ride down there. Probably stay around Robbinsville. My back tire only has another 500 to 1000 miles left. Going to just get a new one from Wheeler’s.

Happy Birthday.

A. When are you planning on returning?

B. Are you looking for a wing-man by chance.🤠

C. Looks like rain moving in the area down south on Early Sat. AM.

D. No long interstate rides , Right🥱

E. Are you riding solo

Edited by B-Mac

5 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Happy Birthday.

A. When are you planning on returning?

B. Are you looking for a wing-man by chance.🤠

C. Looks like rain moving in the area down south on Early Sat. AM.

D. No long interstate rides , Right🥱

E. Are you riding solo

A. Sunday

B. A wingman would be cool. 

C. I saw that

D. Planning on interstate down to Tazewell, VA on Wednesday and most likely interstate on the way home

E. Solo, yep

i really am just winging it. I want to ride the back of the dragon,  the 215-276 loop, and the northern Georgia run. I don’t have heated gear, so I won’t be leaving early to ride. Thursday or Friday I will probably be getting a new rear tire. 

18 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

i really am just winging it. I want to ride the back of the dragon,  the 215-276 loop, and the northern Georgia run. I don’t have heated gear, so I won’t be leaving early to ride. Thursday or Friday I will probably be getting a new rear tire. 

I will pass, Just got back Friday, still recovering gear and equipment. plus got a wife with a sad face when I mention this.

Enjoy the colors and have fun.

B.

• Upvote 1

927 miles for 3 days. It’s been drizzling on and off all day. The further south the worse the rain was, didn’t make it to Georgia. I did manage to get a nice run on the Skyway and the Dragon. Had to get a new rear tire at Wheeler’s, a Dunlop RS3. Heading towards home tomorrow.

B00109E9-0965-4767-B430-AF4632390261.jpeg

A60607A1-D655-49C0-8EFF-5E21A7792362.jpeg

• Upvote 2

It rained most of the night in Robbinsville. Left the hotel at 8 am. It rained pretty steadily until almost Ohio, didn’t see blue sky until I was halfway through Columbus. It is a little less than 500 miles from Robbinsville to our place by 75/71. I did it in 8 hours. I was only off the bike twice. I rode for 4 hours straight before I took a break off the bike. The new Terry’s seat was well worth the money! 1400 miles in 80 hours, not too bad for a 61 year old man.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Howabusa said:

It rained most of the night in Robbinsville. Left the hotel at 8 am. It rained pretty steadily until almost Ohio, didn’t see blue sky until I was halfway through Columbus. It is a little less than 500 miles from Robbinsville to our place by 75/71. I did it in 8 hours. I was only off the bike twice. I rode for 4 hours straight before I took a break off the bike. The new Terry’s seat was well worth the money! 1400 miles in 80 hours, not too bad for a 61 year old man.

Excellent. Wishing many miles ahead of you. 

• Upvote 1