Tonik warned me and I did not listen...

Pauly

1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

Congrats on the new ride Pauly.   You will not regret buying it.  Hope to get out for a ride with you and Tonik again one of these days. 👍

I knew on Monday I was buying one. I did 330 miles of 2-up at a moderately quick pace and it just glides. It is fast, but not too fast to outrun its own ability to corner. The front end does a nice job of keeping it under control. I am impressed by the way it can be hustled with such little effort...especially 2-up. 

It would be cool to see you on the road. Let's make that happen. 

I wanted the touring package and did not know I did until Monday. The Voyager served its purpose. It allowed me to buy into 2-up touring and see if it stuck. It is something we both enjoy and we have a great time on the road together. I just knew I was quickly outgrowing my love affair with touring cruisers. The ride on Jim's bike was enough to know the Voyager was something I couldn't tour with for another season. I was buying a Wing before next season, so I just saved myself 5 months of scouring the internet for the deal of the century. 

• Upvote 1

Great looking bike.  Can anyone tell me how people over 6' tall fit on these?  I've been eyeballing them for some time, but I'm 6'2", and seems like I may be a little cramped.  My wife agreed that we could start looking at them when I turned 50, then after that 2 years ago, she changed it to 60...lol.  I think once she rides on the back of one, she'll be sold. 

3 hours ago, Ron505 said:

Great looking bike.  Can anyone tell me how people over 6' tall fit on these?  I've been eyeballing them for some time, but I'm 6'2", and seems like I may be a little cramped.  My wife agreed that we could start looking at them when I turned 50, then after that 2 years ago, she changed it to 60...lol.  I think once she rides on the back of one, she'll be sold. 

I am 6 1 with a 32 inseam. Legs are not an issue because your legs are more under you so you just end up with knees being a bit more bent. If you want, for 500 bucks you can have the seat modded to give you an extra inch of space to move back, it will not impact your passenger.

Handlebars may need to be modded, but will depend on how far forward you like to sit...lean forward a bit...or lean back a bit or be more upright will impact that. They make a riser plate for that. The above seat mod will also impact handlebar reach of course.

If you want to go all in, which I am doing this winter for 700 bucks, you can replace the handlebars with a set that are 100 percent adjustable. Forward, back, up, down and angle are pretty much fully adjustable.

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2020 at 9:08 AM, Ron505 said:

If this helps, I am 5'9" w/ 29" inseam. My knees have more than enough room to the fairing and the bars could be an inch or so further back for my reach. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Tonik said:

It has Android Auto now!!

I know.  I wish my kids would have liked the seats on the new one better.   If I got one now, the kids would never let me get rid of our current one.    I'll get one in a year or two, and I'll have 2 of them.  I'll end up replacing the Connie with the new Wing.

Thanks for starting the thread on the GL1800 forum. That really got me thinking about it.