Ohlins rear shocks--worth the expense?

SpecialEd

Okay, so I have reconnected with my restomod guy after getting my money back and offering to pay for my project when it's done to my satisfaction. He is now recommending Ohlins rear shocks. I have read that these components are revered by the riding communtiy for their quality, so I told him to go ahead with installing them. He has told me that they will run aroud $800 per pair. I don't think this is outrageous, but would welcome any input from y'all.

Are there original shocks, or compared to what other price/ brand? Ohlins can be serviced and may have adjustment /valving options for ride characteristics and many oem's can't. Are they off the shelf or custom ordered. Have you ridden  a bike and found the suspension lacking before? Compared to my ohlins that sounds cheap.

Yes, the shocks are for the 110. The problem is finding shocks that will fit a 50 year old motorcycle. The ones that came with the bike were beyond crappy-- and so were the front forks. Both of these components are going to be replaced. This bike will primarily be used as a commuter to and from work, and for pleasure riding on secondary roads. No highway riding. At this point, I really don't care  about the cost. I just want the project done and done correctly.

4 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

Yes, the shocks are for the 110. The problem is finding shocks that will fit a 50 year old motorcycle. The ones that came with the bike were beyond crappy-- and so were the front forks. Both of these components are going to be replaced. This bike will primarily be used as a commuter to and from work, and for pleasure riding on secondary roads. No highway riding. At this point, I really don't care  about the cost. I just want the project done and done correctly.

Wait....what is the bike? A CTR 110? Really? Pics? Onlins is probably waaay overkill for that! There are other options for half the cost that would be fine.