MC machine shop/performance shop

mello dude

Debating about getting a little more power out of the viffer.. 

Kinda fell into obtaining an extra set of heads on the VFR and now wondering to spend some bucks to do a port and polish job. 

You race guys, who could do some machine work, plus the work on the dyno? 

Thanks

Tinker less ride more would be my recommendation. People always seem to try to squeeze "moar powa" out of bikes and usually just make them unreliable and give them problems. Just seems like a rabbit hole I never want to go down, but thats just me. These machines are engineered for long term reliability why mess with that?

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Tinker less ride more would be my recommendation. People always seem to try to squeeze "moar powa" out of bikes and usually just make them unreliable and give them problems. Just seems like a rabbit hole I never want to go down, but thats just me. These machines are engineered for long term reliability why mess with that?

I hear ya.... Part of me is saying "stop tearing the bike down!"  - I have tinkered and retinkered this bike off and on since I've owned it... 

This bike just fits me like glove, does have some good scoots, and is a decent dance partner in SEO twisty stuff since I have upgraded with Traxxion/Penske and RC51 brakes. 

But that "moar power" urge is still there.... some cleaned up heads, and PC3 plus a header would grab mbe a 15ish hp boost.  Just kinda looking into it for now. 

Mbe if I get a cost idea,  I'll gag on that and give it up..... 

Edited by mello dude