Master cylinder swap?

redkow97

Buying an SV with a GSXR front end. I can only assume that means GSXR brake calipers, since the forks are different. 

“needs MC.”

i have services brakes, but never messed with upgrading them.  Should i just buy a used eBay master cylinder from a stock GSXR, or would a few more dollars get me something significantly better?

i will race this bike, but i am in no danger of winning, and the front end already makes it a “superbike” machine (i think).  So what’s a solid and reasonably priced option?

Feel like I kept the stock SV one when I switched to Axial GSXRs for ease of buying matching lever sets. You want a specific range of master piston and lever center specs per the caliper piston size and number for similar feel unless you purposefully want a different feel/travel.

Not sure what stock gsxrs are. I hear the aphrilia stock brembos are close to as good as the aftermarket rcs. Since calipers can have different sized pistons the masters have different size too. ABS or not is considered for which size to put on my bike too.

image.thumb.png.dc96350564a2008f16d2b92e16711e3e.png