Fork swap need guidance

tony

Hello so i have a 1980 kawasaki kz650F that I am converting into a cafe racer and currently I'm trying to figure what forks from modern sport bikes would have the closest measurements to my bikes forks. I've been trying to find front end swaps but want to make which moto companies can fit my bike. Any advice helps. Thanks!

The fork swap's that I'm familiar with require the triple to be swapped too, so you gotta figure that out as well (most likely) so the forks can actually be held in place properly.

Good luck, hope you didn't sign up for the forum to make this one post from California to only ask that question.  

I assume you want USD forks, then you'll definitely need different triples.  I have a 2nd gen Bandit with Hayabusa forks.  It wasn't too difficult.  I had to use the stock steering stem but everything else is 'busa.

There are a lot more guys in England who do things like this and a few machine shops over there that make custom triples to match your bikes stem to the forks you want.  The US dollar is strong vs the British pound so, even with overseas shipping, it's not as expensive as you might think.  You might try trolling some of the Brit forums for better info than you can get here.  A 650 is also considered a bigger bike over there so more guys are modding them than you'll find on this side of the pond.

Here's a pic of the top triple I had made in England.

NewYoke1024.jpg

• Like 1
  • Beer 1

22 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

I assume you want USD forks, then you'll definitely need different triples.  I have a 2nd gen Bandit with Hayabusa forks.  It wasn't too difficult.  I had to use the stock steering stem but everything else is 'busa.

There are a lot more guys in England who do things like this and a few machine shops over there that make custom triples to match your bikes stem to the forks you want.  The US dollar is strong vs the British pound so, even with overseas shipping, it's not as expensive as you might think.  You might try trolling some of the Brit forums for better info than you can get here.  A 650 is also considered a bigger bike over there so more guys are modding them than you'll find on this side of the pond.

Here's a pic of the top triple I had made in England.

NewYoke1024.jpg

Wow that is beautiful! Do you ship?

I don't make them and the guy who made mine has moved on from machining motorcycle parts. 

I have a friend who has used these guys several times  https://www.fastec-racing.co.uk/collections/yokes

And I bought a fork extender once from here https://www.billetbikebits.com/forks

Both do nice work and will do any custom parts you want.

• Like 1