Aug 7th. Thur. Lunch Ride

B-Mac

The forecast looks great for a weekday blast from Hocking Hills over to Marv's Place 37143 Muskingum Street, Sardis, Ohio 43946. for lunch and return .

Run 78 east to Ringgold and hit the new asphalt on 555 to Chesterhill then 676-26-260-7. or north to 255. return,Woodfield-Caldwell-McConnelsville-bla-bla-Hock-Home.

Is 536&800 open and repaired?

A Lively Pace is necessary and needed.😜

Edited by Tonik

4 hours ago, durk said:

I’d love to ride buddy but I’m not sure my forks will be completed in time. If they are finished in time I’ll post back here.

That would be nice, I could meet you at the Marathon Gas Station: 383 W Riverside Dr, McConnelsville, OH 43756 and Jump back west and do the new section of 555 to Chesterhill then 676-26-260-7. or north to 255. return,Woodfield-Caldwell-McConnelsville-bla-bla.

Will we have to eat at Arby's 😁

Edited by B-Mac

6 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

That would be nice, I could meet you at the Marathon Gas Station: 383 W Riverside Dr, McConnelsville, OH 43756 and Jump back west and do the new section of 555 to Chesterhill then 676-26-260-7. or north to 255. return,Woodfield-Caldwell-McConnelsville-bla-bla.

Will we have to eat at Arby's 😁

We can try Marv’s Place if I’m able to attend. 

@B-Mac it’s not looking promising. I’m supposed to call Thursday if I don’t hear from the shop I dropped my forks off at. Only way I’ll make it is if I get a call before then. 

8 hours ago, ShredTheTag said:

What time to taking off from hocking? I maybe interested in meeting you somewhere along the way. My little brother needs some road time anyways. It would be a good ride for us coming from Newark. 

And where do we meet?

I'll find out today if my customers are postponing their visit tomorrow.  I might be feeling too sick to go to work tomorrow.

Edited by MSerfozo

I normal go from Logan area 93N to New Straitsville-- Jump on 216 at Begley's campground to Murray city then 78 to Glouster and turn south on 555 at Ringold.

If you are coming down from Newark on 13 then at New Straitsville I can go thru the ghost town of Shawnee, hit 155 to Corning and meet at (Johns Place, gas station ) SR13&Main.

I am 30min from Corning and Newark is just under a hour. Is 10am at John's place, (105 11th St, Corning, OH 43730) OK for a meet??  I am flexible, Let me know what will work for you all.

33 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

My map is sending me to Logan to get to Corning from Cols.  Do you want to meet me somewhere near Logan or just make one meet spot?

If I don't hear anything different, I'll be at John's at 10.

Mark, How about the Speedway gas station 175 S Mulberry St, Logan, OH 43138,   0930 and we can head to John's place, (105 11th St, Corning, OH 43730) to meet Mark at 10 am.

or if we don't get a ride conformation from Mark we can just head out from Logan.

53 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

This is tomorrow, right?  Thurs the 6th.

Yes, 😀    08/06/2020 Thursday 0930, 9:30AM..... I will be on a green Kaw Z1000. Most likely eating a crispy cream donuts or two, three...

Just got back from letting B-Mac tow me all over SE OH.  He showed me more than 250 miles of great roads while I tried to keep the back of his Kaw in sight.

This was my first ride with anybody from OR, and if the other guys are half as friendly as Brian, I'm looking forward to more.  Thanks for a fun day, B.

• Upvote 2

Mark, Thank you for riding along. I had a great time. That was my first 2020 epic lap of the year and it was great scratching around on the Zzzz. You are a great rider and I hope we can ride again soon. I got a video in editing of the new section of 555, (Ringold-Chesterhill). Route: 78E-555S-676E-26E-260E-7N-800N-26W-537N-565-564-78W-669-555-bla bla bla back to 33N.

Lunch at ARBY's

100_0436.JPG

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, durk said:

@B-Mac I thought you told me I needed to improve my choice for lunch. Yet you end up at the same place. 

We were thinking of you and felt that if we dined at the Arby's in Caldwell the route would have more meaning. Nothing like a French Dip GUT Bomb for the ride home.😁

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 1