What are your opinions on night rides?

LilCasper

Yup definitely not a fan, the lights on the MT aren't the greatest. Though there's too many things to dodge and I feel my vision isn't at good as I'd like it to be in order to ride the way I'd really want to ride. So I just don't do it.

I’ve lived in rural SEO my entire life. I don’t ride at night very much because of the bugs. Unless deer are in rut(October/November) they aren’t a huge deal. I’ve seen more deer recently in the middle of the day than I have this entire year at night(I’m sure has something to do with the covid and people not being out as much as usual, thus less traffic/people for them to worry about). Now, opossums and raccoons are another story, those suckers can be everywhere.

My friends and I loved night riding, back in the 70's. It was awesome, when I was young . . . and perhaps dumb. I ran over a red fox one night. Thought I had killed it, while we were examining it. Then, all of a sudden it came to and ran off.

It is something i no longer do, because of the wildlife.

I enjoy the night trail on the V-Strom but I don't do a lot of night street like I use too back in the 70's-90's. I used to have driving lights on all of my street rides and had them aimed left to right and right to left at about 25ft out front crossover for the cornering at night.

Crap Video, Last half is faster stuff.

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 1

In 2008 I hit a deer and totaled my 2005 FZ1, broken collar bone and shoulder blade, lot of bruises. I would rather not ride at night, but I do ride in Florida at night because the deer are the size of dogs.... LOL🐕 

26 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

In 2008 I hit a deer and totaled my 2005 FZ1, broken collar bone and shoulder blade, lot of bruises. I would rather not ride at night, but I do ride in Florida at night because the deer are the size of dogs.... LOL🐕 

And there are no blind hills or curves!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

And there are no blind hills or curves!

You are correct about Florida, I ride bicycles and Garmin NEVER shows anything but zero grade unless I go over a bridge, completely flat!:lol:But, I am riding a motorcycle in December, January, February and March in short sleeves and mesh jacket.  

• Upvote 1