Troy Benson Passed :(

Tpoppa

3 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Based on FB, Troy Benson has passed away :(

Can anyone confirm?  I don't know any details.

Are you talking about the guy in NC who was hit by a Subaru today and killed? Was he a member? The article I read did say he was from Ohio.

Looks to be true :( story says he was killed on his birthday and @LINK profile on here says his birthday was yesterday. RIP brother haven't seen him in years.

https://morganton.com/news/local/victim-identified-in-fatal-wreck-on-nc-126/article_be2e2dc8-d079-11ea-a9c3-5b2954cf120b.html#:~:text=Troy%20Dean%20Benson%2C%2049%2C%20of,on%20Benson's%20birthday%2C%20Macchia%20said.

Dayum

RIP link :( 

large.IMG_1216.JPG.7c0e6ad3b7eb0ffdbd4ff57ae874d494.JPG

he was a great guy and very good mature rider as well. Seems like the car crossed center line and got him. I am100% sure he was atgatt and riding within his limits And reacted and did everything right. And despite that it’s just what it is. This is really sad news.

Stay safe out there OR fam. just today I was telling my wife how OR cultivates a lot of safe riding habits. for eg last 10 yrs we didn’t have any fatal crash or even real bad crash for members and in the NC FB group in the three months I been lurking I think 4 fatalities and other real bad accidents.