MotoGP on NBC and NBC SN

Tpoppa

You can thank me and my luck.  Two days before Qatar was cancelled, I spent over $200 to get the VideoPasses for MotoGP and WSBK.  Now that I've waited 4 1/2 months to use it and they show it on a cable channel I was already getting!

Oh well, I got to spend the weekend watching some great qualifying and MotoE, 2, & 3 races.  I'll get my money's worth.

Today at lunchtime, a socially distanced group of friends and I watched the MotoGP on a big screen TV at work.  What a race!

This will definitely be an interesting season.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that we're a few races into the resumed season, I have to say I'm disappointed. Motorcycle racing coverage seems to continue to diminish in the U.S. NBCSN is only covering selected WSBK rounds and some MotoGP rounds are live, others tape-delay. No Moto2, Moto3 or World Supersport, all of which we could see in past years on beIN Sports.

I know a lot of people complained about beIN because it was not a widely available channel, but at least they showed all the races live. Seeing the races at 7:30 a.m. on a Sunday is not that bad, because they I still have the whole day to go riding or do what I want or need to do. Spending have the day avoiding social media so I don't know who won the race before I watch it at 3 p.m. is not ideal.

Plus, an American rider was on the podium today in the intermediate class for the first time since the 1990s (go Joe Roberts!) but nobody in the U.S. saw it on TV.

I was surprised to see FS1 showed MotoAmerica Superbike races for the last 2 weeks.  They're showing some of the other classes on affiliated networks but I don't get any of those.

Unfortunately, compared to MotoGP and WSBK, the MotoAmerica coverage seems amateurish.  But at least they aren't interrupting the actual race for commercials.

• Upvote 2

On 8/10/2020 at 8:00 AM, MSerfozo said:

the MotoAmerica coverage seems amateurish. 

I think its pretty damn good considering where Motorcycle Road Racing in America is right now... basically non-existent. 

Unrelated:

I think it's funny that all those "major" sports are cancelling their season. Players that are paid more a season than the entirety of some MA team budgets combined are saying I don't wanna play.

You'll never hear that from a motorcycle racer. "Oh my arm is about to fall off? Cool good thing my 1pc suit will keep it attached. Lets go racing!"

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...