A* Boot Repair

DerekClouser

I bought Supertech R's this offseason because I was tired of replacing my boots every year (between Mini crashing and sole replacement).  I wanted a set that could be sent back to A* and have them repaired. 

Well after 3 months of mini racing and big bike track days, because the outer zipper is on the outside of the boot, I've rubbed the zipper against the asphalt and it needs replaced.  I've also crashed a few too many times and there's some other damage I'd like to have them fix. 

Has anyone does this before?  Do I just contact their support on their website for more info?   How much am I looking at spending (ballpark)?  How long should I expect to be without boots.  I've already purchased another set of boots to keep me going in the meantime.  Just curious what others experiences were. 

TIA.  

110046325_699298673951127_1990669924220983741_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=sVB2S8rd4fMAX8KfU1s&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=c729d1f883c0902a7fce064e0a69e537&oe=5F389D11

I have nothing constructive to add to your post, but why in the hell did they decide to put the zipper on the outside?!? that seems very silly to me from such a strong company.

Last year, my dog chewed the bottom part of A* leather pants damaging the zipper, etc.  I contacted A* support with an email of the damage with pics.  I provided my address and they generated an RA and gave me shipping instructions.  It cost me $45 to repair and they did a great job.  They estimated 7 - 10 business days (not including shipping).  I don't remember the exact time it took but it was around what they said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatWilbur said:

Last year, my dog chewed the bottom part of A* leather pants damaging the zipper, etc.  I contacted A* support with an email of the damage with pics.  I provided my address and they generated an RA and gave me shipping instructions.  It cost me $45 to repair and they did a great job.  They estimated 7 - 10 business days (not including shipping).  I don't remember the exact time it took but it was around what they said.

Thank you!  Do you think my boot is repairable? (Pic above)

I would send them an email with pic.  My zipper (see pic) was not as bad as yours, so hard for me to say.  They replaced my whole zipper and restitched.  I hope they can do the same with yours to make it work.  The even restitched the bottom of the pant leg that was chewed up.. not perfect but it will hold.  If you pm me your email, I will send you my email chain with them.   

image.png

Just now, FatWilbur said:

I would send them an email with pic.  My zipper (see pic) was not as bad as yours, so hard for me to say.  They replaced my whole zipper and restitched.  I hope they can do the same with yours to make it work.  The even restitched the bottom of the pant leg that was chewed up.. not perfect but it will hold.  If you pm me your email, I will send you my email chain with them.   

image.png

derekclouser@gmail.com   --- thanks man

• 1 month later...