OH Rt 255

durk

I ran 255 from the river to 800 today. About 3/4 is all new pavement. The new stuff is on the 800 end. Near the river is definitely rough, lots of patches and bumpy. The new stuff is super smooth and has been down long enough that I felt comfortable at a spirited pace. 255 is one of those roads that is a challenge for me. I need to run it more often. 

The new pavement was very nice on 255. 145 was also in excellent condition with new pavement and paint on the road. Marv's Place has quality diner food and friendly wait staff. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ohio 555 08.07.2020 Section: Ringold to Chesterhill.

Mark (MSerfozo) and myself did a 280 mile lunch ride SE Ohio from Hocking Hills and I was finally able to get on the new asphalt section of 555.

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 1

That is a great stretch of road to work on your road-craft in my opinion. It has blind hills & corners with plenty of road surface hazards from the farmers working hard each day sharing the road. It will work all of your senses to include the sphincter when you have a moment or too. I try to start my season with a few trips on it but with that being said there are many great roads around this area.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, B-Mac said:

That is a great stretch of road to work on your road-craft in my opinion. It has blind hills & corners with plenty of road surface hazards from the farmers working hard each day sharing the road. It will work all of your senses to include the sphincter when you have a moment or too. I try to start my season with a few trips on it but with that being said there are many great roads around this area.  

I absolutely hate blind hills.  I don't get a chance to practice on them much in Cbus.