Hello from Union County

DSharek

I rode up to the peak of Spruce Knob, WV yesterday and back home. 649 miles total. The WV 47 road and route up Spruce Knob had amazing 15 - 30 MPH marked curves with almost zero road debris or issues with the pavement in the turns.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DSharek said:

I rode up to the peak of Spruce Knob, WV yesterday and back home. 649 miles total. The WV 47 road and route up Spruce Knob had amazing 15 - 30 MPH marked curves with almost zero road debris or issues with the pavement in the turns.

If it ain't too much trouble, I would love to know the whole route you took. 

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

If it ain't too much trouble, I would love to know the whole route you took. 

I used the Scenic app on Apple phones To generate the route avoiding highways on the way down with a quick detour on OH 555 in Zanesville on the way out. The route back allowed highways, but included the best roads I encountered in WV getting back to larger 4C471357-8C48-47EA-962B-0BBB323C3756.thumb.png.72628b1c36df565de35e6585bcefbbe7.pngroads. 

C6ACA386-2055-41E0-8E4A-32B446BDAB77.png

Edited by DSharek
Add route link

I agree. I just picked up a 2010 Honda VFR 1200F as a second bike. I’ll have to try the SE Ohio and WV roads with that bike. Much more sporty position and about 65 more hp than my 2007 Honda 919.

• Upvote 2

I don’t recommend driving through Chicago at any time. 98 degree weather is especially bad. The information is from the scenic app. Anything over the speed limit must be a glitch. Notice the extremely slow speeds for my entire trip through Chicago. I probably stopped completely 50 times. 

CF36DAAA-69ED-4D7B-93D4-EB439F05742B.png

yeah going anywhere near chicago is always a 100% shitshow. bumper to bumper at 90mph then slam on the brakes and come to a full stop for 30 seconds and repeat. hate that drive every time