Mid Ohio PTR 7/13

DesmoDuc

13 hours ago, TMC Customs said:

Looks like you had a good day for it. I was planning on Sunday and Tuesday but they cancelled both. 

Yes yesterday was perfect. Track was awesome.

FYI, With everything going on the track is requiring a certain number of preregisters or else they are canceling. So if you’re considering sign up ahead of time. Sucks for all of us but nothing we can do about it.

29 minutes ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

FYI, With everything going on the track is requiring a certain number of preregisters or else they are canceling. So if you’re considering sign up ahead of time. Sucks for all of us but nothing we can do about it.

If there was some sort of communication regarding where registrations stood and what was needed to make the day happen that might be helpful to folks who normally walk up because of weather concerns.  I know that's not your call, but I get a bunch of emails from MidOhio about stuff that doesn't really matter and this would.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

If there was some sort of communication regarding where registrations stood and what was needed to make the day happen that might be helpful to folks who normally walk up because of weather concerns.  I know that's not your call, but I get a bunch of emails from MidOhio about stuff that doesn't really matter and this would.

I agree. I would like to know this info as it helps me plan as well.  I’ll mention it. 

• Like 1

Yeah signing up prior to knowing the weather is a good way to waste your cert/money. They are going to need to invest in fixing the problems with the track before this mindset changes for a lot of people.

Edited by what
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, what said:

Yeah signing up prior to knowing the weather is a good way to waste your cert/money. They are going to need to invest in fixing the problems with the track before this mindset changes for a lot of people.

I get it but it never stopped me from signing up at other tracks and I would never ride in the rain. Most riders don't ride in the rain at tracks that have wet grip anyways.

That all ended for me this year when I was given a set of true rains at Nelson to ride on. It was absolutely amazing.

5 hours ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

I am a frequent rider and would rather use my ability to sign up late than lose my cert because of rain. Also, the website states “ All sessions will run rain or shine” I don’t see anything about cancelling because of low enrollment and I didn’t see it when I purchased the certs. 

4 minutes ago, TMC Customs said:

I am a frequent rider and would rather use my ability to sign up late than lose my cert because of rain. Also, the website states “ All sessions will run rain or shine” I don’t see anything about cancelling because of low enrollment and I didn’t see it when I purchased the certs. 

Have to call the office on that. I just coach.