Don't be that Gashole....

2talltim

Sorry lengthy PSA....

So have to make a post about this because maybe some don't realize this when they do it. If you go the store and park in the end painted area that a car can not fit in I feel that is okay. I actually feel this is best because one your not taking up a whole spot a car could park in. And two somtimes when you do park in a regular spot people in cars might not see your bike and could hit it. So I'm fine with it even do it myself. I park in these half spots or end areas that are usually painted or checkered.
What I'm NOT okay with is the motorcycle riders that park in the ones right next to the handicapped spots. Especially the handicapped spots that are right in front of the entrances. If you do this you are an asshole. Folks with handicapped vans sometimes have ramps the need to deployed and need these areas to exit their vehicles. So as in the picture of my bike I think the is is acceptable. I'm off to the side of the entrance out of the right of way and most importantly not beside a handicapped space. Now as in the second pic the folks are just assholes. There is absolutely no reson to park where there are.
While pulling out of the parking lot there was another bike in one of these spots and the guy was walking up to his bike. So I pulled up and had a conversation with this gentleman and explained my thoughts on this. His reply is why I'm making this post. He said "damn im sorry, I actually never really thought of it that way". So maybe there are lots of folks that have never thought of it before and a PSA was in order. So here it is. 
So if you do this please stop, if you see someone doing this please explain to them why it not the right thing to do. And feel free to pass this message on and on. 

Thank you!

20200702_153131.jpg

20200702_153158.jpg

• Upvote 1

This reminds me of people who go 80 in the left lane and then get mad when someone tailgates them because they wanna go 90. Yall both still speeding, so who says you decide to what degree of law breaking is okay lolol... JS... I mean I use these spots too sometimes, but there's really nothing wrong with parking in a normal space... Who cares if a car doesn't see you and knocks it over? You have insurance. Parking in a no parking area seems just as likely to draw attention of some do-good who wants to push it over for you parking where you shouldn't. Cmonnnnn man.